epilogue

10 years later...

"Kamae-te," Rudy said and his students moved into position. "Heiko dachi," he continued and all the students followed his instructions.

"Have you gotten shorter?"

Rudy's attention turned to the door where he saw his sister standing there, leaning against the frame. It had been months since he saw her. Ever since she and Jack moved to New York to start up the Wasabi Dojo there they had barely been able to see each other beside on the holidays.

"Lea!" Rudy and Azalea met halfway in a hug.

"Yep, you are definitely shorter than the last time I saw you," Azalea concluded, ruffling her older brother's hair.

"Oh, that joke never gets old," Rudy said sarcastically, "Where is Jack?"

"You can't even pretend to be happy about my presence for one minute before asking for Jack?" Azalea gasped in mock-hurt.

"You can't even pretend to be nice for one minute - so no I can't pretend like I didn't miss Jack more," Rudy gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Oh, Azalea, you are back!" Jerry exclaimed, coming into the dojo from the locker rooms. He walked over to hug her before asking, "Is Jack here too?"

"Why is everyone asking about Jack?" Azalea asked in annoyance, "I'm here too. And Rudy, you might wanna tell your students to take a break," she pointed over at the ten years old who were watching them in confusion.

"Oh, right. Take five," Rudy told his students.

"So, Lea, how long will you be staying in town?" Jerry wondered.

"We will go back to New York after Bobby's birthday party," Azalea told them, "We can't very well leave the dojo for too long knowing what kind of dumbass things we did every time Rudy were away. Or rather you guys did dumbass things while I tried to clean it up."

"Hey, I never caused any trouble," Milton entered the dojo.

"Of course you didn't," Azalea said, giving him a quick hug, "You were an angel amongst devils."

"Where is Jack?" Milton looked around in search of him.

"Are you kidding me?" Azalea exclaimed, making Milton flinch, "Did he put you up to this or am I only know finding out that you all like Jack more than you like me."

"Did you only realise that now?" Rudy scoffed. "I could have told you that years ago."

Azalea stuck out her tongue like a child just as the door opened again and the boys let out a collective, "Jack!" before running over to hug him.

"I feel like the fifth wheel in some kind of weird foursome," Azalea muttered before she realised something, "Hey, Jack, haven't you lost something."

"No, I don't think so," Jack shrugged.

"Well, I do," Azalea said, "Where is Liam?"

"Oh, him? I sold him to the circus," Jack rolled his eyes at her worry. When he noticed her unimpressed expression he said, "He's right there."