102. You Get Stuck Together (AU)

A/N:
An AU where Niall is a bad boy and has a sister named Dianna because why the hell not. :) Might contain mature content? Only mildly though.

"Really? This was the best place you could think of to hide?" Niall asked sarcastically as he looked pityingly at you, where you were standing in the closet in his little sister's room.

You grimaced at him through the clothes that were hanging up as though annoyed he had been the first one to find you.

"Shut up," you snapped at him grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him into the closet with you, making sure to close the door behind him.

You both stood there in silence for a moment; there was no light so it was pitch black.

"Get your hand off my ass Niall Horan," you growled into the darkness and Niall chuckled removing his hand reluctantly as per request.

You could not believe your parents had pushed you into this..birthday party. Your parents had met Niall's parents at church when they realized you went to the same school. When Niall's mom had mentioned how hard it would be for her to host Niall's sister Diana's tenth birthday party alone, your parents had happily volunteered your assistance because "That is just what good people do." Which half explained why you were trapped in a tiny closet with Niall Horan.

You arrived at the Horan house at 9am that morning where you had been introduced to Maura and Dianna Horan. You did your job as quickly and efficiently as you could. When you asked why Niall was not assisting, Dianna had rolled her eyes and said that her brother had decided to sleep in all morning like the lazy sod that he was. He had woken up just before 1pm which was when the party started and trampled down the stairs surprised to see you sitting in his kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" he demanded, a little unnerved to find you there. You glowered at him but smiled sweetly when his mother glanced your way.

"She has been a great help to me today Niall Horan, which is more than I could say for you," Maura scolded him and Niall looked at the ground sheepishly.

"Sorry mom," he apologised and Maura just ruffled the hair he had on his head fondly.

-

And that was how you ended up stuck in a closet with Niall Horan. If he had just followed your original plan, they would be playing duck, duck, goose right now, not stuck in a closet waiting for a bunch of kids to find them and squeeze in here with them. You had been standing in this ridiculous closet for a while now and so you tried shifting your legs but one of your knees gave out. You fell forward against Niall, who was surprised by the sudden contact and fell backwards against the closet wall. You were pressed against Niall's chest, right between his legs as he tried to keep balance and stay on his feet.

"If you wanted me all you had to do was ask," Niall commented suavely and you rolled your eyes even though it was dark and they couldn't see each other.

You stood there in silence for a long while until Niall let out an annoyed sigh.

"It's been forever, let's just get out of here," he said huffily and there was the sound of a rattling door handle but the door remained shut. Niall tried again before stating dully, "It's locked."

"Let me try," you sighed in exasperation nudging him out of the way and Niall frowned at you in the darkness, a little offended by your assumption.

"Don't you think I know how to open a door?" he asked mockingly. You didn't say anything and reached out your hand for the handle.

Your hands touched briefly and Niall moved his hand out of the way so that you could try. You tried twisting the knob but it was indeed locked as Niall had said.