24. Your child calls one of the boys at night

"Hello?" Zayn spoke softly to his phone, after being woken up countless of times.

"Uncle Zayn," it was Y/N's and Niall's daughter, who was mumbling into the phone, her voice shaking slightly. Zayn looked at the time - it was midnight. Why on earth was she calling? Zayn sat up straight and forced himself to wake up, ignoring the sudden blood rush.

"What's wrong, babe? Why aren't you asleep? Where's mummy and daddy? Are you okay?"

"I'm scared, Uncle Zayn," her voice was quiet, making Zayn worry more.

"What's wrong? Why don't you tell mummy and daddy?" Zayn was going to have a talk with Y/N and Niall later. It took a lot to get him out of bed unwillingly.

"I think Daddy is hurting... Mummy." She burst into tears, leaving Zayn confused. There was something fishy going on. It didn't make any sense; Niall loved Y/N too much to do anything to her and it just wasn't in his nature. He couldn't hurt a fly. He was far from abusive.

"Why do you think he's hurting her, babe?" Zayn already felt the headache approaching.

"Mummy keeps yelling Daddy's name and she sounds like she has a boo-boo. I don't like it. Mummy did not do anything wrong," Zayn wanted to punch a pillow. They better not be doing what he thinks they're doing because he seriously needs major brownie points. He was not involving himself in this conversation with their daughter - no way.

"I'm sure it's not bad yelling, love... what else was going on?" He did not want to hear the answer.

"Daddy keeps using bad words. I want it to stop..." Okay, that definitely confirmed Zayn's suspicion. He can't believe their daughter woke him up for this reason. Sure, if it was an emergency he wouldn't have minded but this was too awkward. This was too awkward for Zayn.

"Um... maybe they're having a yelling contest? To see who can shout the loudest?"

"I think Daddy is killing Mummy... I don't want her to die - I'll even eat my vegetables!" She whimpered, her voice growing higher. Zayn imagined what the five-year-old must have been feeling. How will he fix this now knowing Horan and his wife were getting it on?

"Mummy won't die, baby. Your daddy loves him. They are just playing a... game." Nice one, Zayn.

"Can I play?" Her voice grew excited.

No no no no no no no no, don't go in the bedroom. Zayn panicked. "It's an adult game."

"Have you played before, Uncle Zayn?"

Zayn groaned. "Um... yes, I have."

"Is it fun?"

"It is, but it's only for adults, not for cute little children!" He can't believe he was having this conversation. It was going to be a long night.