96. You go stargazing

You lay on the blanket, closing your eyes for a moment. It was nearly sunset, so you had enough time to take a nap, right?

You had just gone to a nice dinner with your husband and son, and you had gone to the park to watch the stars. It was Niall's idea, and James seemed to love it.

Sighing, you closed your eyes, ready to take a nap before you felt someone poke your nose.

"James Horan, please leave Mommy alone. She wants to sleep," you said, eyes closed.

But then you felt lips on yours and you smiled.

"It's just me," Niall whispered, coming up from the kiss. Laying next to you, he tucked a piece of hair behind your ear with a smile. You had been married for five years now, and you could honestly say that you couldn't be happier.

"How many hours until the stars come out?" you asked almost in a hazed manner, drowsy.

"Do I look like an astronomer?" he replied with a grin. Resting his head back down, he took in a deep breath.

After a few seconds, he shot up. "Crap!"

You scrunched up your nose. Confused, you lay there for a few seconds.

"Niall..... where is our son?" you asked, the sound of your voice calm, though he knew if he didn't do something fast, he would get a whooping later.

He got up quickly and ran to the nearby tree where they had been playing, and sure enough, James was there.

He was a spitting image of his father; he had messy brunette hair that he begged to be dyed blonde like his dad, and the blue eyes that you loved so much. You repeatedly told your husband that the ladies would swoon over them one day, but Niall didn't want to think about that yet. James was only four.

Scooping him up, he brought him back to you. Softly he lowered him on the blanket, where he immediately snuggled against his you.

"Such a mama's boy," Niall joked, laying down next to you. You smiled, kissing the top of James' head.

For a few hours, you lay there, waiting for it to get dark enough to see the stars.

James pointed his finger to the sky, grinning.

"Bunny!" he said joyfully.

Both parents smiled, looking for it in the sky.

"What about that one? That one looks like a lion, doesn't it?" you added, grinning at your son.

Niall chimed in. "Are you kidding? It's a hippo!"

All of you laughed, happy to be in each other's company.

After a couple minutes of silence.

"There's mommy," James pointed.

You and Niall looked at each other.

"You're silly," he said, tickling him softly.

"But you said that Mommy was the brightest star in the world," the young boy replied.

You felt your heart beat a little faster. Niall smiled across to you, blushing a little.

"Yeah, I remember. And I definitely meant it. Show me," he added, going along with his son's awe.

You couldn't keep your eyes off of your two boys. Staring lovingly at them, you couldn't be anywhere else in that moment. Underneath the stars, surrounded by your family. It was the most special thing in the world.

Turning to your side, you snuggled close to them, James in the middle. He giggled, clutching onto his father's shirt. For an hour or so you lay there in the park, but as soon as you both could hear James' soft snoring noises, you knew it was time to go home.

Once James was tucked into bed, you reclined to your bedroom, slipping under the sheets. The light from the moon shone through the window, landing on the happy couple. You smiled, Niall spooning you with a goofy grin.

"Tonight was really fun," you said softly, keeping your eyes on the moon.

He grinned. "It was."

"I wish we had more time to see the stars like that."

He smirked, getting an idea.

"I think I know of another way I can get you to see stars," he hinted, and your face turned red. You giggled, turning over to him to kiss his lips. "Sounds interesting," you replied before he was on top of you pressing kisses down your body.

Softly he whispered. "I love you, my shining star."