27. He hides from you

Niall raced through the building with as much skill and speed as he could muster. There were about four to five hours left before the concert so it didn't really matter that he was racing around the venue, looking for a spot to hide.

"Excuse me!" He shouted as people kept getting in his way. There were so many hallways and corridors in the venue that could provide him with a stable hiding spot, or a run-in with his girlfriend. Don't get him wrong, there was never a time where he didn't want to see Y/N but knowing she would potentially kill him, he couldn't chance it.

Niall knew he shouldn't have gone along with Louis' and Harry's plan to prank her with the classic bucket of water on top of the door thing. It would have been funny and Niall was certain that she would laugh it off had the two other idiots planned the approach more carefully. Instead of water landing on his girlfriend, the whole bucket did. Granted, it was only plastic, but that didn't stop Y/N from giving him the scariest glare Niall had ever seen.

It would only make sense that he would be the first she would hunt. He was genuinely scared of what would happen once Y/N caught up to him. Of course it wouldn't be anything too drastic as her being so angry that she would break up with him... he hoped.

"Niall, you're needed backstage!" He heard Paul yell when he ran around stage.

"Don't worry about it, Paul!" He yelled as he jumped down from the stage and back to the hallway. This venue was new to him and anywhere he went could lead him straight to his adorable girfriend of fury.

He was now in an empty corridor and he allowed himself to take a small break. He didn't mind running around. It was the constant fear and rush of adrenaline. He was actually genuinely scared of his elf of a girlfriend. Sure, she couldn't hit for the life of her, but she could be scary when she wanted to. Like that one time where she was mad at him for accidentally releasing her pet rabbit into the wild because he didn't close the latch correctly. She gave him the longest silent treatment he had ever experienced until he was absolutely dying.

"NIALL HORAN!"

Niall stiffened as he was face to face with Y/N. She was down the hall, her dress wet with the water/bucket that was spilled on her. Her face was red and even from where he was, Niall could already see the cute little vein on her forehead that would sometimes pop out when she was ma - what was he thinking? He needed to run. Fast.

"I love you so much, Y/N. I gotta go!" He yelped before turning around and running the opposite direction. His vision was blurred as he side-stepped out of a door that appeared to his left. He was outside.

The sun blinded him but he needed to go straight to a safe spot. He looked around his surroundings and saw the tour buses that were lined up a few hundred feet away. "Go, Horan," he murmured before sprinting to his destination - only to be face to face with screaming fans.

"Niall, I love you!"

"OH MY GOD NIALL!"

"MARRY ME!"

"HAVE MY BABIES, NIALL!"

"NIALL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

Niall looked back at the exit door and then turned to the fans. He made a quick 'shh' gesture with his finger. "I love you all so much. Can you do me a favor?"

"ANYTHING FOR THE IRISH!"

"OF COURSE BABY!"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

Niall chuckled. "If you see Y/N, tell her you didn't see me."

The fans looked sort of disappointed with his request but nonetheless agreed. Niall let out a long breath before running to the back of the third bus and crawling underneath. Y/N would never find him here.

A few seconds underneath the tour bus and Niall was already uncomfortable. He didn't have to wait long because he suddenly heard the loud screams of the fans, followed by shouts of Y/N.

"Have you seen Niall around?" Y/N asked sweetly.

Niall tried his hardest to restrain his position. He could never resist that tone of voice that came from her mouth but today he had to. If he valued a fraction of his life, he had to. He waited for the response of the fans.

"No, we didn't Y/N."

"Y/N, I love you so much!"

"You're so pretty!"

"HE'S UNDER TOUR BUS #3!" A shrill voice shrieked.

Niall groaned before crawling out from under the bus, meters away from Y/N's beautiful, yet unhappy face. "I love you!" He blurted before resuming his run.

He was going to hear about this later.