58. He catches you sleepwalking

Niall started awake as something thick and fuzzy flew into his face. "Oh god! Oh god! Get off me! I-"

He paused and pulled the sweater off his head, sighing deeply. "Oh god, why's there a sweater on my head?" he mumbled thickly. He dragged his hand through his hair and over his face, then glanced blearily at the clock. "Why's there a sweater on my head at two in the morning?"

A striped button up shirt sailed through the air and floated over his hair. Niall pulled it off and dropped it beside the sweater before leaning over to switch on the bedside lamp.

The soft glow illuminated the tiny bedroom, and he smiled sleepily to himself as he saw his girlfriend shamble out of the closet like a zombie and make her way down the hall. He kicked off the sheets and pulled himself out of bed. "Babe," he called softly as he padded down the hall behind him. "Babe, sweetie, come back to bed."

"Mmprgh," Y/N retorted. "Mrgha...rada...toast."

Y/N opened up the breadbox on the counter, took out a slice of bread, and dropped it in the sink. Niall hastily picked it up and threw it away. "Babe, it's not time for breakfast," he said, barely hiding the laugh in his voice. "Let's go back to bed."

"Toast," Y/N repeated. "And...applesauce."

"You can have toast and applesauce in the morning," Niall said. Y/N knuckled her eyes like a sleepy child. "Come on, baby, go back to sleep."

"Imma...sleep," Y/N murmured, scratching the back of her head and ruffling up her already untidy bedhead. Her oversized tee shirt- "borrowed" from Niall swallowed her up and hung nearly past her thighs. "Niall?"

"Yes, honey, it's Niall," he cooed. He took her by the hand. "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

Y/N yawned, noisy and noncommittal, and Niall scooped her before she could protest further. He stroked the small of her bare back as she nestled against his chest. Sleepwalking wasn't much of a surprise- finals were coming up, and Y/N always started her nocturnal wanderings when she was stressed out. At least she hadn't tried to paint the living room again.

Y/N rubbed her cheek against the broad plane of Niall's shoulder as he set her down carefully on the bed. "There," he crooned, tucking the blankets around his girlfriend and kissing her on the forehead. "Go to sleep. I love you."

Y/N rolled over onto her stomach and burrowed face-first into her pillow, her arms curled into her chest. "Hm...jello..." she murmured, and Niall had to swallow a laugh as he bent to kiss the warm sweet-smelling spot at the nape of her neck.

-

A/N Wow! Thank you so much for all of the votes and views! It means the world! :)