85. The boys play Halo

A/N: You are Louis's sister in this one. :)

It had started out innocently enough.

The boys were back from their world tour and were taking advantage of their break. Louis, being your brother, declared a "boys day" of playing Halo or Call of Duty depending on what won. Halo was the ultimate winner, and Harry, Louis, and Zayn had split into one team with Niall, Josh, and Liam in the other. You, rolling your eyes, had disappeared into your bedroom to scroll through your laptop. You never got in the way of "boys day".

"Y/N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Louis shouted from downstairs where a muffled boom reverberated through the house. Honestly, the neighbours were probably building a Tomlinson shelter as you lay there.

You hopped off your bed and opened the door. "I'm not feeding you, Louis!"

"Don't need f- Dammit Liam!"

Your fingers twitched to shut the door and flick the lock and never let anyone in ever again. Including Niall.

"We need you!" Louis called. "Come down here!"

You sighed and put your laptop on your desk, checked your hair, and left the sanctuary of your bedroom to go downstairs.

You leaned against the door frame to the living room where Harry was nearly breaking his controller with the degree of button-mashing. You glanced at the television screen which was split so many ways and with so many things flying and exploding you could barely focus on who was who.

"What do you want?" You said after a minute of standing and not being noticed.

"Hey!" Louis exclaimed, putting a pause on the game. "Josh is about to leave. Can you sub in?"

"Can I..." You blinked and turned to where Niall and Liam were watching you hopefully. "You know I've never played this game in my life, yeah?"

"All you need to do is press the buttons," Harry explained. "If you press the triangle, you-"

"I don't really care what each button does Harold," you interrupted. Harry pouted and sank back down into the arm chair.

"Babe, please?" Niall asked softly. You glanced at him and really, your heart just melted.

"Fine," you sighed, taking Josh's controller and snuggling into Niall's side. Louis counted down from three as Josh farewelled, and the booms and yelling and swearing began again.

But soon the swearing began to be directed at one particular played: You.

"Jesus, I thought you said you'd-" Zayn growled and flung a grenade back with a complicated series of button presses, "never played before."

"I haven't," you shrugged, tapping out a combination of keys and twisting the joystick. You weren't even quite sure what you had done until Harry threw his controller on the ground.

"Forget you," Harry glowered, stalking into the kitchen.

"What did I do?" You stared up at Niall with wide eyes. Harry was supposed to be the gentle one.

"You basically just annihilated them, love," Niall laughed.

"Oh." Your cheeks turned pink under Zayn's and Louis's glares. "Oops?"

"You're a really horrible person," Niall muttered, slipping his arm around your shoulders and tucking you closer to his chest. "But I love you."

You grinned shyly and nuzzled His neck. "I love you too."

"Just to let you know," Louis cut into the romantic moment. "You're never playing Halo with us again."

You turned your head to gaze at Louis, eyebrow raised. "You just hate that I beat you."

"N- Yeah, okay. But you were good and we can't compete with that!"

Niall snorted and slid his fingers over your spine.

"We'll see Louis," you murmured, cuddling back into Niall and closing your eyes. "Maybe I can beat all of you single-handedly."

Louis gaped and Niall grinned.

"That's my girl," Niall chuckled. You rolled your eyes and fingered the soft cashmere beneath his cheek. It felt like home.