57. He likes what you're wearing

"Uh...what are you wearing?"

Y/N promptly flipped out of the hammock. "Oh my god, Niall, don't scare me like that!" She wheezed, pulling her earbuds out and brushing the dirt from her bare legs. "What are you doing here?"

Niall stared blankly. "You told me everyone was gone...so I thought I would come over and...see if you...wanted to do something," he said. His eyes were as wide as saucers

Y/N huffed, brushing at her hair. "Honestly, Niall, when someone has a gated backyard, it usually means they enjoy their privacy. You could have knocked, or called to see if you could come over."

Niall pointed to her phone, resting on the deck railing. Y/N leaned over to check Four missed call alerts. "Well, you could have knocked," she huffed. "You almost gave me a heart attack! And could you please stop staring at me?"

"Only if you tell me what you're wearing," Niall said faintly.

"We're not having phone sex, Niall, I'm in shorts and a tank top," Y/N said. She glanced down. "Wait...oh."

"You're wearing booty shorts," Niall said. A slow wicked smile spread across his face. "Aha. We've reached a milestone in our relationship. Not only have I seen you in something entirely casual and unfashionable, but you're wearing-"

"Yes, Niall, I know what I'm wearing!" She snapped, the back of her neck turning pink. "They were a birthday present, and they're really comfortable, and it was so hot today..."

"You are nothing but legs," Niall said in admiration, looking her up and down. "It's amazing. So that's what you've been hiding from me."

"You've seen me in shorts before!" Y/N protested, the pink color creeping to her ears.

"Not like this," Niall said. He swallowed hard. "So...how do you feel about making out in hammocks?"

"Clumsy and I'll probably fall out," Y/N snapped.

"So...we're making out inside, then," Niall said, taking her by the hand and tugging him into the house.

"But I was going to-"

"Those shorts are entirely indecent. I think I need to teach you a lesson," Niall teased.

"Niall! The neighbors can hear you!" Y/N scolded, scandalized...yet secretly pleased.