9. He surprises you while he's on tour

You had a long day - a big exam was coming up that you were no where near ready for, your car broke down in the middle of the road - miles away from your house, your phone died, and it was hailing. It was like everything that could go wrong, did.

You finally reached your house, after spending fifteen minutes outside rummaging for your house keys. It was cold in the hallway - no source of light or heat. All you heard was the faint purr of your cat in the distance, acknowledging your presence.

The first thing you did before turning on the lights was to turn on the heat. After that, you planned on getting a nice, quiet night of sleep, cuddled with your cat and a good book. After all, you deserved it - especially with the day you were having.

You walked to the kitchen to make a fresh cup of hot tea when you saw something that turned your whole day around. There, in the center of the dining table was a large vase of a variety of about three dozen flowers, with not a single rose in sight. You smiled, knowing that he knew how you felt about roses. On one of the dining chairs, sat a big teddy bear - almost as tall as you.

As you walked closer, you saw a small slip of folded paper. You unfold it and smiled. There was one word scrawled on it in messy writing -

Soon.

"Not once did you question how all of these got in your house - I worry about you sometimes, babe."

Your heart skipped a beat as you looked up. There, on the doorway, stood your boyfriend - Niall. You hadn't seen him in four months - four months. All you could do for the time being was listen to his voice and watch him through Skype or Facetime or the television, if he was being interviewed... and here he was, mere feet away from you.

You gulped. You two stared at each other for the longest time, the only thing coming out from your mouth was, "You couldn't have turned on the heat?"

He giggled as tears streamed down your face. "Haven't changed a bit," he murmured as he pulled you in for a kiss.