31. You're forced to spend Christmas with him pt. 3

A/N: I wasn't meant to do a part 3, but I couldn't resist. This is just a really short update. I hope you guys enjoy it! Merry Christmas! :)

-

I stayed rooted to the spot while Niall kissed me. Well okay, after a while, I did kiss back. Don't look at me - his lips were so soft, it was impossible not to. It was also an added plus that his breath smelled like fresh peppermint, evidently from Jay's infamous hot chocolate.

"Oh, Christmas brings everyone together," a voice said, causing us to separate. There at the doorway, stood Louis and Harry, with Harry beaming like a proud mother.

Louis, on the other hand, looked confused (and a little scared). "When did this happen?" He looked at Niall and then back to me. "I thought you guys were, umm, well I - I thought you guys disliked each other."

"It was all the sexual tension,Lou," Harry let out a not so sly wink.

Niall awkwardly walked to face them. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you went out with the twins?" His whole stance was turned away from me and all I could do was stand there awkwardly.

Harry lifted an eyebrow. "What's wrong Niall? You mad because we ended up cutting lip-time short?" Louis chuckled and fist-bumped him. I gave the two a glare and immediately Harry backed down. "Alright fine, too soon."

"Can you two leave my room?" Niall said, annoyed.

"Well technically Niall, it is in my house therefore I can be in it," Louis interjected sarcastically. "But seeing as you two look like you have a lot of chatting up to do, Haz and I will leave. C'mon." He gently pushed Harry out of the door, leaving me alone with Niall.

In seconds, I left the room after them. There wasn't anything else to talk about. Not to him, at least.

/

"No, I'm safe Ma. The Tomlinson's are really nice and all. Very hospitable, I'm sorry I couldn't make it for the holidays," I said in the receiver. The flights were canceled because of the snow so I was left with a one-man Christmas, had Louis not have invited me along.

I peeked out my window and was met with black. There was going to be a storm coming, I was sure of it. I hope the Tomlinsons were safe, wherever they were. "How is your Christmas?" I collapsed face-down on my unmade bed.

"Good, good. Your cousins are very entertaining. You should visit more often!" My mom said through the phone.

Yes, I missed my mother a lot, but it wasn't like I was going to have endless plane tickets. I heard my door open. "I miss you, Ma."

My mother laughed. "I miss my daughter, too."

I felt hands on my back and instead of jumping up, I sighed softly. They began to massage my back and I hadn't realized I was being so tense. I tried to focus on whatever my mom was saying, but I couldn't. Instead, I groaned into the phone.

"Y/N, are you okay? I should go, it must be midnight there," my mom said. Instead of trying to correct her, I merely agreed.

"Sure Ma, I love you," I said, hanging up. Right when I did, the massaging stopped.

"No," I ordered. I didn't care if it was a burglar or if it was Harry or Louis or whatever. They shouldn't stop.

The deep chuckle told me it was Niall (thankfully). "Everyone's locked up in their rooms."

I sighed into the pillow. "Okay, massage me again." I felt the side next to me deepen and suddenly Niall's voice was closer. "Did you like that?"

"Yeah, now I'm going to sleep," I murmured. "We'll talk later. You can make yourself useful and cuddle with me or spoon me or something," It came out as a mumble, but fortunately it was heard.

/

I woke up - the wall clock had said it was four in the afternoon so I - or we, for that matter - had been sleeping for three hours. My eyes landed on the sunflowers I had put in a clear vase. It brought life to the gray room.

Niall still had his arms around me (I ignored the fact that he was a good spooner) and his breathing was labored. Evidently, he had fallen asleep as well. I had the strongest urge to push him to the floor but I didn't. It felt too nice, being here with him.

I relaxed my body against him and focused on his breathing to lull me back to sleep. It was Christmas, after all. The only way I was going with him was a positive way, I hope. But for now, it was simplicity, being next to him. It was nice when we weren't yelling at each other.

He unconsciously pulled me closer to him, his grip tightening around mine. "Be mine, Y/N," he mumbled against the top of my head, before his snoring resumed.

I felt my stomach grow weak at that point. Who knew, huh?