26. Christmas morning

"Y/N, wake up. It's time to wake up now. Seriously babe, I need you to get up now. It's an emergency. Y/N. Babe. C'mon. Get up. It's time to get up. Now, baby. Now. Princess. C'mon. Now."

You tried not to smile as Niall's whispers woke you up. Well that, and the gentle poking you felt on your side. You wanted to know how long he was going to keep this up so you tried to keep your composure.

"Babe, babe, babe," Niall said, disgruntled. You felt the bed beside you dip down and then you felt his breath on your face. "Y/N. You need to get up, Princess. It's Christmas. You need to wake up. Now."

You couldn't take it anymore so you started giggling, which led Niall to roll himself off of the bed and scoop you into his arms. "That is so unfair, Y/N. You've been awake all of this time - so unfair. We've lost precious time."

You let yourself relax in his arms as he carried you out of the bedroom and into the hall. The wall clock in the hall read 3:15 in the morning and you groaned. Honestly, six in the morning would be okay, but three? "Niall, can we go back to sleep?"

Niall tightened his grip on you as you entered the living room. The lights on the Christmas tree made everything look warm and inviting but you really wanted to go back to bed with your boyfriend. "No, Y/N. You need to wake your cute little system up because Christmas is here and Christmas is important, I love you, but you need to stay awake because presents," he rambled as he set you gently on the couch while simultaneously putting a blanket around you.

"Can I open my present?" He asked, giving you a quick peck before plopping down next to the fireplace. "Wait, let me just fix this - go open your gifts, Y/N!" He reached forward for a small box and tossed it to you, before working on starting a fire.

You sigh. It was a good thing your boyfriend was adorable or else you would be back to bed right now. "This one is from Liam," you noted as you saw the Toy Story wrapping paper.

"I know what he got you," Niall sing-songed as he poked through the fireplace. "I helped him because the boy is clueless, let me tell you."

You ignored Niall's small conversations with himself and carefully unwrapped the present. You opened the box and saw a scarf covered in Mickey Mouse ears. It was almost endearing; you could almost picture Niall screaming at Liam over the phone. "This is gorgeous," you whisper before setting it carefully to the side.

It was actually nice. It was only Niall and you in the cozy living room. And now, with the roaring fire Niall made, it was peaceful. "My turn!" He dove under the Christmas tree and pulled out a present wrapped with the similar paper. He tore it immediately. "Woah - sick!" He admired the watch that Liam bought for him.

You slowly got up from the couch and settled next to Niall on the floor. You chose another present that was wrapped with paper covered in cats. It could only be Harry's. You shook your head when you ripped it open. Harry decided to get you and Niall matching couple mugs that read, "Lady" and "Mister".

Niall laughed when he saw it. "Wait,Y/N. Before you open anything else - I have a surprise for you. You need to open my gift," he said matter-of-factly.

You shrugged. "Okay, what is it?"

Niall grinned. "Wait here." With that, he dashed out of the living room. In minutes he was back, "I've been saving up for this." You raised an eyebrow as he found his spot near you. He gave you a cheeky smile before pulling out a small box from his jumper.

He didn't.

"It's not what you think," he rushed. "I mean, of course maybe one day, but... I don't know. Just open it."

You chuckled as you watched his ears go red. You took the small box from his hand and unwrapped it carefully. The box was velvet and you looked at him weirdly. If it wasn't a wedding ring, then what was it?

You opened it slowly and gasped. It was a ring, but it wasn't anything close to an engagement ring.It was a simple ring, with a small knot in the middle. "It's a promise ring," Niall explained. "One day, Y/N. I promise to be whatever you need me to be. And, I don't know... I just really love you and I want you to see that because I know I'm rarely home. I love you so much -" he was cut off with your lips on his.

Suddenly, you didn't regret leaving your bed anymore.