34. Your wedding day

I looked over at my fiancé, seconds away from making him my husband. He smiled and gave me a slight wink, making a face as if to say, "Hurry up," to the minister.

Everyone was in the church, our families, our friends - everyone. It was a fairly big audience, all seeming to be happy for us.

I caught the eye of my friend Harry, who was looking at me with a grim expression, no happiness on his face. What now?

I turned my attention back to the priest, letting him close the ceremony. The amount of time it took to plan this wedding was unbelievable - stressful, almost ridiculous. But it all came together in the end.

I looked down at the ring on my finger, having already exchanged it. My eyes drifted to the groomsmen, locking eyes with Liam, the best man. He gave a nod and looked away. Of course.

I could almost hear my fiancé complaining at how slow the minister was speaking.

To be honest, I couldn't blame him. As beautiful as my wedding dress was, I wanted to get out of it as soon as possible. It was very restricting.

"If anyone here can show just cause as to why these two may not be joined together, let him speak now - or forever hold his peace," the minister finally said.

Good, it was almost over.

I heard the sound of church doors open and suddenly a man was charging down the hall, dressed in a tuxedo. I heard my fiancé groan.

"I do," the man said, looking at me.

"Yes?" The minister asked while every guest's eyes were on the man.

The man turned to me, his bloodshot eyes confirming my belief. I tried to communicate with him through eye contact, feeling my heartbeat rise. He can't do this - could he?

His eyes met mine and it was like the world stopped for a minute and suddenly I was taken back to when I was sixteen, nine years ago. The laughs, the kisses, the tears that were shared hit me like a ton of bricks. Memories I long since forgotten.

I felt my fiancé squeeze my fingers and I was brought back to the present, apparent tear stains down my cheek. I looked back at the man, who hadn't stopped looking at me.

His expression was grim. "Your promise," he murmured, as if that was the perfect explanation.

I looked at my fiancé, and then back to him again. "I... I'm sorry, Niall..." I said aloud for everyone to hear. I looked at him again. "It was a childish thing to do, making that promise."

Yes, it was. The promise of loving each other forever. The promise of marrying each other one day... It was all so innocent back then but now... It was far from it. We were adults, not hormonal teenagers.

Niall looked at me, hurt evident in his face. "I... okay, I'm sorry for interrupting. Proceed," he said quickly to the silent church, turning around and walking out of the church's doors.

I watched as Harry got up from his pew and chased after him, leaving the door slamming and causing it to be the only sound in the church.

The minister cleared his throat. "Continue," my fiancé said, slightly annoyed.

It wasn't right for your heart to hurt this much, right?

//

a/n: Just a quickie that I typed up on the mobile app! :) if you want a part 2, let me know because I'm actually planning on using this idea for a story instead, rather than a part 2.

If you don't and you like where it is, that's okay, too:)

Happy New Year!