5. Your first kiss

"NIALL, PASS ME THE DAMN BALL!"

You were screaming with everything that you had. You and Niall were playing football in the rain (best weather to play it in, in your opinion) and he wasn't passing the ball to you at all. Granted, you were the only two playing but if it were a real game, he would be dead right now.

Niall didn't seem to hear you. Instead he continued on kicking the ball down the field, dribbling with his feet while you struggled to catch up to him. You were getting so mad that you stopped completely and let him take the ball into the little makeshift goal.

You ran over to him, mud splattering your sweats with every step. "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PASS ME THE BALL!" You yell.

"It's not like you couldn't do anything with it," Niall said matter-of-factly. "You're rubbish at footie."

You rolled your eyes, hoping that the oncoming storm will produce some lightning to strike the big-headed freak. "You're not a professional football player," you retorted. "To be honest, you're not even that good. Louis is better."

Niall snorted and crossed his arms. "No, he's not. His footwork is sloppy," he glared at you, wiping his hair out of his eyes as the raindrops grew heavier. You hope he gets sick.

You turned around and walked away, fighting the urge to kick the ball in his face. How dare he insult your football skills. He was a pretty decent player but you were too mad to admit that to his face. You were not going to give him that satisfaction.

"Are you gonna go cry to mommy now, Y/N?" You hear him say mockingly. A second passed and you could hear him kicking the ball down the field again.

You had a sudden urge to run after him, making sure not to slip on the muddy grass. When you caught up, you reached for his hood and tackled him to the ground, making sure to cover every inch of him with mud.

"What the - " he said, as you wrestled and rolled around the field, growing more and more dirtier. Obviously he was stronger, so it didn't take much for him to pin you down on the ground, with him on top of you. You were both quiet as you paused to catch your breath. You half expected to see anger in his eyes, but you didn't.

Instead, you saw fondness - protection, warmth. He took one finger and ran it gently across your cheek. "You're beautiful," he murmured, running his other hand through your wet hair and bringing you close to kiss him.