21. The date goes wrong

I decided to wear the baby blue dress to my date with Niall. Niall always mentioned how much he loved that dress on me, even months before when we started out as friends.

I paired the dress with nude colored heels. Usually whenever I wore the dress, I would wear my white flats but Niall did mention for me to dress fancy.

The doorbell rang and I all but ran. Before opening the door I made sure to fix myself before opening.

He looked amazing. His blonde hair was perfectly styled in a coif and he was wearing a black suit - thank goodness I chose the heels.

"You look amazing, Y/N." He said, his cheeks turning red. In his hands was a bouquet of roses.

It was my turn to blush. "Are those for me?" I internally groaned. No, Y/N, they're for the cat.

Niall giggled. Well, at least he thought you were cute. He offers you the flowers and you take them eagerly. "So where are we going?"

"Only the best restaurant in Ireland." Niall smirked before looking you up and down. "You look amazing."

You shushed him shyly before following him to his car.

/

"What do you mean I didn't reserve?! Of course I did!" Niall was close to shouting at the maitre'd. I shuffled my feet nervously while my stomach grumbled.

"I'm sorry sir, there's noone here under the name of Horan. Maybe we should double check and -"

"Forget it," Niall mumbled and took my hand. "C'mon, Y/N..."

The walk to the car was the most awkward I've ever experienced. Niall kept grumbling curse words and avoiding looking at me and to be completely honest, he was really hot. But sometimes some things are better kept to themselves.

"It's okay Niall. I'm not even that hungry." The words came out of your mouth while your stomach begged to differ.

Niall seethed and sat on the curb, dirtying his suit. "Don't lie to me," he grumbled.

I shrunk. "I didn't..."

He sighed and looked up. "I'm sorry, babe. It was supposed to be a good dinner and their food is your favorite. I could have sworn I made a reservation."

I shivered slightly and sank back down on the curb with him. "Hey. You don't have to impress me. Being with you is enough." It was the truth. The boy could take you to a dump and you would be happy.

Niall looked at me fondly before shrugging his coat off and putting it on me. His blue eyes were shining. "I'll make it up to you."

I giggled, that meant a second date. "I'm the worst boyfriend ever," he mumbled.

It was hard for me to contain my smile. We never really talked labels before but...

Before I could react, he looked at me again, smile widening. "You know, I saw a McDonalds down the road, babe."

And that was how I found myself hand in hand, formally dressed for a McDonalds date with Niall.

To be quite frank, I wouldn't have it any other way.

-

Thank you for all of the votes! :) I am incredibly humbled, you have no idea! Have a good day!