65. You are stuck babysitting

Niall waved as you walked into the coffee shop and glanced around. You smiled as your boyfriend's blue eyes lit up.

You pushed the stroller towards him. "Sorry I'm late," you say, bending to kiss Niall lightly. "My mom got called into work, so guess who gets to babysit today?"

"Ooh, I guess big sister Y/N!" Niall grinned, bending over to kiss the little girl in the stroller. "Hi there, Miss Emily." The eighteen-month-old crowed happily and latched onto Niall's nose with one chubby hand.

"Can you keep an eye on her for a second?" You asked. "I have to pee like you wouldn't believe, but babies don't give you much opportunity for personal time."

"I think I can handle it," Niall grinned. You dropped a kiss on his cheek and headed off towards the bathroom.

"Up!" Emily ordered, pulling impatiently at the leg of Niall's cargo shorts. "Up, up, up, Nia."

"Oh, you want up?" Niall said. He unlatched the seatbelt that kept her in the stroller and set her on her lap. "You're getting so big, Emmy."

She scowled at him, looking so much like her older sister that he had to laugh, and stretched out one small arm for his coffee. "Nah uh uh, little baby, coffee's not good for little girls," Niall chided, moving his mocha frappacino out of the way.

She stuck out her lower lip in a pout. "Well, maybe just a sip," Niall relented. He lowered the cup so that the straw was close to her mouth.

"Yummy!" Emily said, grabbing for the cup again. Her mouth dropped open in outrage as Niall pulled it out of her reach. "No! No, Nia!"

"You're too little for coffee, Emmy," Niall said.

He should have known that reasoning with a toddler was impossible, because Emily immediately began to wail. The other patrons of the coffee shop swiveled to stare at him and he shifted uncomfortably. "Okay, just a little more, but you've got to stop crying, okay?'

He settled Emily more comfortably on his lap and handed her the cup. She sucked the icy drink down eagerly as her tears stopped.

"Niall James Horan, what do you think you're doing to my little sister?"

Niall jumped guiltily. "She...was thirsty," he offered lamely.

You stomped over and pulled the straw out of your baby sister's mouth, then picked her up and set her on your hip. "No, Emily," you scolded. "No coffee for you."

Emily flung her arms around your neck. "Coffee!" she repeated happily, her voice rising in a shriek. "Coffee coffee coffee!"

She wriggled out of your arms and toddled back over to Niall. "Coffee!" she squealed, pulling herself onto his knees. "Coffee, Nia. Coffee."

You folded your arms. "I hope you've realized that this little monster is your doing," you say.

"I take full responsibility," Niall sighed as he held the frappacino cup over Emily's hand and watched the toddler try to jump for it. "Your parents are going to kill me, aren't they?"

"Uh-huh."

Author's Notes:

Thanks for the views everyone! :) It means a lot. Other than that, have a great day!