1. You see him for the first time since childhood

I couldn't believe my eyes at first. I mean, I didn't really know what I expected, to be honest. It was his brother's wedding - of course he was going to be there. I mean, it wouldn't be right if he wasn't there, you know? I guess I wasn't really expecting to see him in person so soon.

It wasn't as if I hadn't seen him since we were fifteen. I saw his face everyday, whether it was plastered on every magazine article, on the news, on the backpacks of every tween-sized girl, the Internet, or even in my little cousin's room. It was hard not to - for crying out loud, he was the Niall Horan.

Still, it was weird seeing him physically in the same room as me. I always knew he was good-looking, I just wasn't prepared to see this. He grew taller - that was for sure. He wasn't the same lanky boy I grew up with anymore - his shoulders were wider, even more defined in the black suit he was wearing. His hair was perfectly styled to the side, similar to how it is in one of his many photoshoots. Whenever he talked, I couldn't see the familiar glint of metal in his teeth anymore. Great.

As far as I was concerned, he hadn't spotted me yet. The ceremony was almost over and then it would be easier to hide once the reception started. I saw that as a good thing because I was always so awkward with confrontation. I mean, I hadn't seen him for five years!

"He's grown to be such a handsome man, don't you think?" My mom whispered from her spot next to me, momentarily taking me out of my thoughts.

I sighed. Leave it to my mom to be focusing on something other than the wedding. I couldn't blame her, to be honest. Since I was five, she always treated Niall as her son - we even showered together at one point! During his time on the XFactor, we hadn't seen him as much. Niall and I always promised to be best friends but I'm sure achieving world fame and being in the number one boy band wasn't included in the contract.

During the ceremony, Niall's eyes were focused on Denise and Greg, never leaving them once. I had a sudden urge to know what he was thinking. His eyebrows always furrowed when he was deep in thought - I was glad to see that never changed.

I must have been staring too long because all of a sudden, his focus turned directly to me. No, not in the glancing my direction kind of thing. No, at this point we were both staring at each other. His eyebrows grew more furrowed as every second passed. There were no smiles, no acknowledgement. I had a desperate urge to ask him what his thoughts were.

Our gaze was broken when everyone around us started to clap as Denise and Greg finally kissed.

The wedding was over.