66. You are cuddling

"What on earth are you doing?" Niall exclaimed. He took you by the wrist and tugged you into the house. "Oh my god, babe, you're soaked."

You wavered on your feet, your hair plastered to your forehead as you dripped all over the foyer floor. "Well, it's sort of raining," you said, your teeth chattering as you hugged yourself tightly.

"Where's your car?" Niall asked, batting your stiff, cold hands away and unfastening the front of your soaking wet coat.

"H-hydroplaned," You said, shivering violently. "At the entrance to your neighborhood. I'm fine, but my car popped a tire. I couldn't find my phone, so I walked..."

Niall stripped off your wet coat and tossed it on the rack by the door. "God, you're soaked through," he said. "Come on, let's get you warmed up and dried off."

"Niall, I'm fine, I'm just-" You started to protest.

"Don't you dare tell me you're fine," Niall said, taking you by the hand and leading you up the stairs to his room. "Y/N, you're nowhere near fine. Come on, right to the bathroom."

He forced you to sit down on the edge of the bathtub and began the difficult tasking of stripping you out of your wet layers. "Why do you always wear so much clothing?" He asked, smiling as he pried at a particularly stubborn button.

"Because I like it," You said crossly, frowning as Niall slid your wet, heavy cardigan off your arms and draped it over the side of the tub. "Careful, it'll stretch out."

"Don't worry about your clothes," Niall said, unbuttoning your shirt. "Arms up."

He helped you undress carefully, piling the layers over the bathtub and sink to dry- shirt, undershirt, tie, belt, boots, pants. Thankfully you ran out of clothes before he ran out of space. He pulled a clean fluffy bath towel off the rack and tucked it around your head and shoulders like a cloak. "There," he said in satisfaction as he rubbed the towel over your wet hair. "Better?"

"I am wet, half-naked, and freezing. How is this better?" You said, scowling. You winced as Niall tugged on your hair. "Ow! Tenderheaded, remember?"

Niall wrapped the towel tighter around you and kissed the tip of your nose. "You're just cranky," he said. "Sit tight, I'll bring you something warm to wear."

He scooted into his room and rummaged through his drawers, picking out a few clothing items that would be comfy and warm. "All right, you're going to get dressed, and once you're warm and dry, you can call your dad about your car," he said. "Here, take them."

You wrinkled your nose, but accepted the clothes. "Thank you, I suppose," you said as you hopped awkwardly into the fleece sweatpants.

Niall kissed your cold cheek. "I'll be downstairs if you need me," he said. "Go ahead and use my phone to call your dad, it's on my dresser."

"Fine, sure," You sighed. You squeezed his arm, then headed downstairs.

He turned on the television and popped in a DVD, letting it play through the commercials, then headed into the kitchen. Luckily there was an entire full gallon of milk; he poured a generous amount into a saucepan and set it on a low heat setting.

"...Dad, I promise, I'm fine," he heard you say over the phone, his footsteps heavy on the stairs. "I'm not hurt, just shaken up. No, I will not get pneumonia just because I walked four blocks in the rain. I've been through worse, I'll be fine. I'm at Niall's house. Yes, I'll stay until you get me. I'm sure he won't mind me staying the night. Dad. I'm positive. He won't mind. Yes. Mm-hm. I love you too."

You hung up the phone and set it on the counter. "My dad wants to know if you're okay with me spending the night," you said dryly.

"I don't mind at all," Niall promised. He leaned over the counter and pecked you on the lips. "I'm making hot chocolate. You go get settled on the couch and turn the movie on."

"Niall, I got a little bit wet. I'm not an invalid," You protested. You paused to cough into your hand. "I'm just-"

"Go. Sit. Now."

You huffed but stomped over the living room. Niall pulled two large mugs out of the cabinet and spoon hot chocolate mix into both. "Really, Niall?" You called. "Frozen? Again?"

"Hey, it always makes me feel better," Niall called back.

"But I'm not-"

You broke into another coughing fit. Niall switched off the burner and poured hot milk into both mugs. "Just lie down. I'll be there in a second," he said.

By the time he made it to the living room, you were curled up in the corner of the couch, a plaid blanket tucked around your shoulders like a queen's cape. Your hair was beginning to curl as it dried. "I'm sorry I'm so grumpy," you said meekly.

"You're fine," Niall reassured you. He handed you a mug of hot chocolate. "Scooch over."

You made room for him on the couch; Niall settled in behind you, letting you curl up between his legs, and tucked the blanket over both of you. "Drink your hot chocolate," Niall said, pressing a kiss on the back of your head. You snuggled in his arms, your head tucked against the broad plane of Niall's shoulder, and Niall relaxed.

-

Author's Note:

The feels! The feels! This made me feel really warm and fuzzy because can you just imagine a protective and warm Niall?! Holy crap, I love him so much.

And on another note, One Direction is rehearsing for WWAT! Yes! Are any of you guys going to see them?

Have a good day!