84. You play I-Spy

"Is it... ice cream?" You asked, your attempt at hiding the hopeful tone in your voice failing completely.

"Do you see any ice cream, babe?" Niall teased with a scoff and a roll of his eyes.

"...no."

"Then it's not going to be 'ice cream' is it?" You groaned and sunk further down the sofa. You were in the middle of a game of 'I-Spy', a mid-afternoon power cut on a rainy afternoon reducing you to boredom, both of you too lazy to get up and fetch a board game or two from the spare room closet.

"I don't know, Niall!" you whined, pouting terribly as you stared out at the raindrops racing down the window. "There are so many words beginning with 'I'; it could be anything!" Niall chuckled at you through a loving gaze and automatically rubbed your arm in a soothing motion, as he always did whenever you got stressed or upset.

"Do you give up?" he asked, feeling you sigh heavily underneath his hand; you hated losing.

"Yeah, give," you resigned.

"Infinity," Niall said, almost in a whisper. You shifted where he lay so that you could direct your gaze to your boyfriend and frowned.

"How can you see infinity?" you asked, and Niall stopped rubbing your arm in order to bring his hand to yours.

"I look at you," Niall explained, as if it was blindingly obvious, and your cheeks tinted rose and your eyes gained a little moisture, "and I see my infinity."