44. He gets you a bodyguard

Y/N and Niall stood at the airport gates. Niall was leaving for a month, finishing up his tour in Australia. Of course he invited Y/N along, but it was the month during exams and she really couldn't afford to miss out on any of those lessons. 

"I won't be gone long," Niall grinned at her forlorn expression, placing a finger on her pouted lower lip. 

"I know," she mumbled, the 'know' covered with a short kiss. 

Niall pulled his shoulder bag around to the front, unzipping it and digging around inside. "I was getting worried," he said, still digging. "About you."

"What?"

"If I was away, who is going to protect you?" Niall grinned as she frowned.

"I don't need protecting," there was a slight grin on her lips. 

"Fine... who was going to... accompany you," Niall grinned wider. "And keep you running off with any strange men. He had stopped digging and grinned at Y/N, who looked insulted. 

"You think I'd run off with strange men while you were gone?" She asked incredulously and Niall huffed impatiently.

"I hired a body guard. One that would stay by your side - always." He continued, ignoring her completely. 

Y/N's eyes widened, then she frowned and glanced around subtly. Niall reached into his bag and pulled out a teddy bear, with dark sunglasses and a suit on. Y/N squealed and reached for it - it was so soft."I was worried for a second," she beamed, pulling him into a long hug.

"I know. You always get worried," Niall pulled back slightly, just enough to kiss her on the lips. 

"Flight 815 is now boarding. All passengers please report to gate 23," the voice-over called and Niall sighed, zipping his bag up and slinging it around his back. "I'll be back, okay?" He patted the soft fur on the bodyguard's head.

"Make sure you call me as soon as you land, okay?" Niall nodded and headed towards the gate. 

Y/N watched him sadly, not sure what to do with herself - or what to do for the coming month. She watched Niall's retreating figure as he lined up to board, and couldn't control herself. She ran towards him and turned him, kissing him squarely on the lips. Niall responded and then pulled back as her tongue grazed across his lips. 

"You're killing me, babe." He whispered into her ear, but let go of her. "I'll call you every night. But you have to let go of me or I can't leave."

Y/N gripped tighter. "Exactly." She cupped her boyfriend's face, kissing him for the last time.

"I'll call you as soon as I land, and we can talk," he promised, joining the now vanishing line.

Y/N looked down at her bear, cuddling it close to her. Hell, it even smelled like Niall. 

She sighed.

It was going to be a long month.