33. The night you realized you love him

It was a fun night out, needless to say. I was drunk, too. My closest friends decided to take me out after I found out that the ass was cheating on me. So we went out to a small pub in Dublin and got completely smashed. It was a good thing we took the taxi home... did I remember to pay? Eh.

I felt SO good.

I staggered to my apartment door and tried to find the keyhole but my hand kept slipping. "NIALL!" I screamed, banging on the door. I think it was one in the morning.

The door finally opened and Niall, my roommate, was rubbing his eyes. His blonde hair was sticking out on every end and apparently this was the night he decided to not wear a shirt to bed. "Jesus, be quiet. It's three in the morning." Oh. So it wasn't one.

I stumbled into the apartment. "Why are you wearing my jacket?" I heard him ask. Oh yeah. I began to unbutton the jacket clumsily. "Cuz I missed you and your muscles." I licked my lips and looked at his chest.

The coat was off and I began to pull off my shirt. "It's hot." It really was. It was like a furnace.

"You're hot," Niall mumbled. "Come on, we have to get your drunk ass on your bed." I felt him pick me up and carry me on his shoulder. As I result, I began to pat his butt.

I giggled, causing him to chuckle. He set me down on my bed gently. "You'll be the death of me, you really will." He said, looking at me.

I looked at him while he began to search my room for pajamas. "Do you feel sick?" He asked me. "You shouldn't have gone out with them. You could have called me and I would have picked you up. Who knows what could have happened to you. It's three in the morning for Christ sake." He rambled as he pulled out a pair of my favorite pajamas - the pink, fuzzy kind that he hated so much.

I began to get sleepy, thankful that I decided to empty out the contents of my stomach back at the pub. Niall kept rambling on and on, making me giggle.

I watched as he turned to me, no sign of any negative emotion in his eyes - save for concern, probably. "Why are you laughing, Y/N?" He asked, sternly.

My giggles turned to laughs until I was on the bed, doubling over. I laughed more at his expression. "Be-because.." I couldn't stop laughing.

Niall sighed and sat down on the foot of the bed. "Because...?" I always admired his patience.

"Because my heart hurts. A lot." I say, laughing more.

Something in his face changed and the second I knew, he was near my face. And apparently my laughs began to turn into sobs. "My heart hurts," I mumble.

He ran a thumb across my cheek, stopping a tear. "If he made you cry and feel like this babe, he's not worth it. Don't waste any tears on scum like him."

I hiccuped and clutched Niall's hand. "Stay with me?" It came out in blubbers. The night was fun, okay, but it was temporary fun. No matter what, when I was alone, the heartbreak would come back.

"Shh..." He whispered, crawling on my bed. "You deserve so much better," he whispered, pulling me into his warm chest.

I let myself cry. I wanted to say it was the alcohol, but at this point my emotions washed all of that away. Niall rubbed my back until he thought I was asleep.

"You deserve so much better," I heard him say again, quieter this time. "I could have given you so much better." It was quieter whisper, but I heard it like it was as clear as day.

I squeezed his fingers when I realized that I was holding them. He probably didn't intend for me to hear it. Surprisingly, Niall squeezed back and pulled me closer to his chest.

I sighed softly, knowing he didn't mind me hearing him. Throughout the night he continued to whisper in my ear. Sweet nothings, innocent words that made my sobs calm down for a while, until he stopped and another round came and then I was sobbing harder.

When that happened, Niall resumed his whispering. It wasn't until the sun was up did I finally get some sleep, wrapped in his arms.