51. His daughter helps you out

"Do you need help?"

Y/N stops, looking at the tiny girl in front of her. Huffing out a breath, she puts down the five bags in her hands to shift where the handles are cutting into her palms and shakes her head.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"But you're carrying all these things," she says, hooking her thumbs into the straps of her Hello Kitty backpack.

"...Yeah."

"And they look heavy."

"They are," Y/N says and laughs a little. "But you're about the size of a dime so I don't know how you would be able to help."

"My dad always says it's not the size of you that matters, but how much you're willing to help."

"Uh-huh. So where is your dad? Or mom. Should you really be out here on your own talking to strangers?"

"I don't have a mom."

"...Oh. Sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. Not like she died or anything."

"Well, okay - "

"Hey, there you are!" A man comes jogging up to her, the distressed look on his face turning relieved as he pulls her into his arms and gives her a squishing hug. He pulls back, his eyebrows lowering into something sterner. "Honey, what have I told you about leaving daddy's side when we're out?"

"Sorry, dad," she says, not sounding very regretful at all.

"So..." Y/N says, and they both look up at her again. "Your father?"

"Dad, this is - ..." She pulls out from where the man is still holding her, but lets him take her hand.

"Y/N," she fills in for her, awkwardly about to hold out her hand for introduction before realizing it's not happening, and settles for nodding instead.

"Y/N, dad," she says and turns to beam at him.

Her dad straightens up, dusting off the already impeccable thighs of his pants. "I'm so sorry she's been bothering you."

"Not a bother at all," Y/N says, trying not to let her voice go all breathless swooning crushingly in love already as she takes the man in; a little sweaty and disheveled probably from the worrying, yet gorgeous. His polo shirt is clinging to his big arms and he still looks a bit concerned, maybe he needs something to take the stress from family life off of his mind -

Jesus.

It's been way too long since she got some. Clearly.

"Well." The man looks down at his daughter again. "Don't run off. You know what I've told you."

"But you've also told me the greatest things we can do in life is to help others!"

"I - " he starts, trailing off into a chuckle. "I do say that, don't I?"

"Mhm." She nods proudly, her blonde braids flopping.

"So, uh - what seems to be this lady's problem, honey?"

"Dad." She looks at him like he's missing a purple four feet tall snail right in front of their eyes. "All her bags."

"Oh! Oh, right. Of course. Y/N, would you like some help with your bags?"

"That's very sweet of you both, but I'm fine, thank you." She laughs, shifting the three ones in her left hand with an unintentional frown.

"You sure?"

"I'm - I live kind of far from here anyway."

"We have a car."

Y/N furrows her brows. "Do you often stop guys you don't know to ask if they need a lift home? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen an episode about this on Criminal Minds."