71. The morning after

"It was the worst idea ever," You stride into the kitchen only in Niall's shirt the next morning, and rub at your forehead in frustration, "It was even worse than that plastic dress in the last episode of Project Runaway."

Niall is already clad in an apron and currently making pancakes, appearing almost too active, despite what they did last night. He catches sight of your grumpy face and then grins to himself.
"Good morning to you too, love."

"How does your back not hurt like hell?" You whine, sitting down at the kitchen table, "Mine's practically broken."

And yes, there are parallel red stripes on your back, the distance between them exactly matching the distance between the steps of the stairs in the Horan's household. The memories are still fresh in Niall's mind. Oh god, what a night.

"Well, it was totally your fault," Niall flips a pancake.

"T'was not," you groan.

"Was too," Niall leans to kiss you on the cheek and whisper in your ear, "You're the excited one."

"Oh my god, I'm so not, you kept kissing me," You shove him away, pretending to be scandalized.

"Excuse moi, you were the one who decided to do it right on the stairs and couldn't wait until the bed," Niall provides, flipping the last pancake with a practiced movement.

"Never. Again." You state solemnly.

Niall turns off the stove, and brings the plate of pancakes to the table. And though the temptation is strong, he doesn't take a pancake right away, and turns to his half-naked wife instead.

Reaching a hand to cup your face, Niall kisses you full on the mouth, sucking at your lower lip, which sends a shiver over both of them.

"Are you sure?" he asks breathily, looking you right in the eyes with a seductive grin.

"I can't deny that it was totally hot,"
You swallow a lump down your throat, and lean for another kiss, but Niall denies you, putting a pancake in his plate.

"It so was," he replies, still grinning crazily and not even getting offended when you don't start eating right away.