81. You ride a motorcycle (Bad boy AU)

A/N: I'm trying my hand at bad boy Niall, because why not? Warnings for strong use of language. :)

You should have known it was careless of you.

Usually you headed straight home after school. Sometimes a friend accompanied you, but generally your schedules differed.

But today you lost track of time. You had to study for your final Biology exam, along with your Calculus and English tests. You entered the library at approximately 2:30 PM and when you looked out the window, the sun as setting down.

Because you had no intention of blowing these final exams or, god forbid, staying in town after graduation. You were sick of little stereotypical towns with little stereotypical people who were cruel and ignorant.

Glancing out the window you realized with surprise that it was already dark. How long were you in the library? You hurriedly gathered your things, and cursing under your breath for staying at school so late, went out in the deserted hallway. The dead silence was unsettling, usually there were teachers who graded works or cleaning ladies.

You walked in big steps to the exit and out in the parking lot, praying that no one else would still be at school at this hour.

Suddenly, a dark shadow appeared somewhere on the left, and you walked even faster, intent to ignore it.

"Where are you running?"

His voice was unmistakable.

He must've seen that your car was still parked, he must've been waiting. Your hands turned sweaty with fear.

He was obviously bigger and taller and stronger and your heart immediately jumped up to your throat. He had a reputation amongst girls that made them steer clear of him whenever he was in sight.

"Look at me when I talk to you," something gripped at your wrist, and you hissed in pain.

Trying to unleash the tight hold of the sweaty hand was pointless.

"Leave me alone!"

"Or what are you gonna do? Tell on me to the school board? There's no one here to help you," his eyes were lighted with a crazy fire.

You swallowed. It's true, there wasn't anybody, not a single soul to help you. You looked around, and your eyes widened, because suddenly there was someone. Someone coming from the direction of the football field's bleachers.

He intercepted your gaze and when he saw the figure quickly approaching, released your hand as if he was burnt.

"The fuck are you doing, David?"

You recognized Niall Horan, the transfer from the Reform School, who everyone was afraid of. He rode a motorcycle to school, smoked cigarettes behind the bleachers and was rumored to have a bird tattoo all over his chest. You imagined it to be an eagle. Not that you spent time imagining Niall's chest.

Taking a look at David, Niall sneered.

"I think your friends from the footy team would be interested to hear all about how you spend your Friday evenings stalking a girl."

"Fuck you, Horan," David swore, reluctantly backing off.

"In your dreams," Niall let out a barking laugh, and dropped his cigarette, stepping on it and following David with his eyes until he disappeared around the corner of the school.

Then, he turned to you, and grinned.

"Hey, honey, fancy a ride?"

"My name's Y/N," You felt yourself flushing, you couldn't help it. Niall was all blonde hair with piercing looks and shameless words.

"You're blushing already, and I don't even mean that kind of ride," Niall winked, and nodded towards his motorcycle.

"Uhm."

"Hurry your sweet ass, he might bring his friends any moment," You shook your head, trying to focus on the words, because Niall was already straddling his motorcycle and wow was he gorgeous in this pose.

"Okay," You agreed surprising even yourself, despite every cell in your brain shouting that this was a bad idea. You quickly climbed behind Niall.

"Take this," Niall handed you the helmet.

"It'll mess up my hair," you scrunched your nose. You never saw Niall wearing it before.

"Well, you don't want the asphalt messing your head, do you?"

You reluctantly put on the helmet, and felt Niall turning the ignition on. You quickly leaned into him, afraid to lose your balance. Feeling your body press all along the boy's back, you couldn't help but shiver because of the delicious new feeling. Riding the motorbike with an attractive boy wasn't something you imagined yourself doing so soon, if ever. You still didn't know where to put your hands.

"Come on, hold tight, don't be shy," Niall chuckled, and started the motorcycle.

Hugging Niall with both arms, you felt his firm belly under the leather jacket.

"Is it true that you have a tattoo of an eagle on your chest?" You blurted out before you could think.

That got Niall laughing.

"If you think that's sexy, then yes," he teased, gaining his speed while rolling outside the parking lot.

Niall drove through the city, his hair ruffled by the wind, and you pressed closer with every turn, shivering from the cold.

You didn't know what made you trust Niall so easily, but you were sure that this was a night you would remember forever.