52. He's really sleepy

Niall starts to slump where they're sitting up on the bed, eventually falling asleep with his nose tucked in against Y/N's shoulder halfway through the film.

It's a lot cuter than it should be, even when Niall starts to snore softly. Y/N tries to keep watching the movie, even though she's hyper-aware of the way Niall's leaning into her now, the heat of him so close, but she turns it off when her own eyes start to droop, trying to nudge her boyfriend awake.

"You should change into your pajamas before we go to bed," She whispers, and Niall makes a grumpy little noise into Y/N's shoulder, refusing to move. "Niall. Niall. Niall."

"Five more minutes," Niall mumbles, slumping down further until his face is buried against Y/N's belly, arms wrapped around her waist. Y/N's stomach flips happily at the closeness, the warm intimacy of it, but neither of them are going to be comfortable sleeping in jeans, no matter how much Niall doesn't want to move right now.

"Okay sweetie," Y/N says with an easy fondness, rubbing over Niall's back and slowly shifting away until she can stand up and Niall is left frowning on the bed, arms still outstretched for her.

"You abandoned me," Niall whines, and Y/N can feel her face scrunch with her smile.

Niall is definitely asleep again now, and Y/N sighs when she's finished taking off her shirt, walking back over to the bed and rubbing more slow circles over Niall's back, watching it rise and fall with his even breaths. She's half-tempted to just leave Niall like this, given how cute and peaceful he looks.

"You need to wake up for a minute, sleepyhead, and put your pajamas on. C'mon."

Niall flops over onto his back without opening his eyes, hands fumbling at the zipper of his jeans to get them open so he can start pushing them down. For some reason Y/N can't stop blushing, her stomach twisting excitedly at the sight of Niall's bare thighs, the coarse hair just above the waistband of his underwear, and the way the material of the briefs clings.

"Babe?" Niall asks, voice gritty with sleepiness, and Y/N startles, knowing from the tilt of Niall'd head that he was just caught looking.

"I'll go find you some pants," Y/N says quickly, hurrying over to pull at Niall's drawers and feeling a warm jolt of affection at a drawer that appears to contain nothing but neatly folded sports jerseys.

"They're in the bottom left," Niall says helpfully, and Y/N glances back just as Niall's pulling his shirt up over his head, arms getting stuck as he tries to take it off. "Oh no," he says sadly.

Y/N's still blushing at all the skin Niall is showing, his smooth, bare chest and lean muscles that always make Y/N's breath catch, but she just laughs, walking back to the bed and carefully helping Niall out of the shirt. She smiles toothily at the way Niall's gelled hair is now sticking out in a couple of places. "Maybe you should pick out your pajamas?"

"Mmkay," Niall murmurs, eyes still heavy-lidded as Y/N helps him up from the bed and feels her stomach swoop when Niall's arm goes around her waist, face nuzzling into the back of Y/N's shoulder before he pulls away to dig through his drawers.

Niall's movements are slow but he manages to get dressed on his own without too much trouble, pulling on a t-shirt and wiggling into pajama pants while leaning into Y/N.

Niall has never been big on personal space but Y/N is still surprised at how shamelessly affectionate he is now, the way he nuzzles sleepily at her shoulder and brushes his warm lips over Y/N's neck, humming and wrapping his arms firmly around her middle. "Sleep now?"

Y/N yawns, turning her head even though she can still hear Y/N's delighted hum. "Yes, okay, okay. Do you need anything else? I know I really should take the time to moisturize but-"

"I just need you in bed with me," Niall says, voice low and gravelly in a way that makes her toes curl, and he tugs until they're sprawled out on the mattress together, giggling with giddy, sleepy nerves and settling in under the covers on their own sides.

The softness of the mattress and the pillow under her cheek is unfairly comfortable, even if it's a little unfamiliar, going to sleep like this. Everything smells so wonderfully like Niall, though, and Y/N can feel her eyes drooping soon enough, yawning again when Niall rolls over to stare at her across the mattress.

Niall yawns too, smiling sweetly at Y/N and wiggling closer. "We don't have to go to sleep right away," he says, waggling his eyebrows.

Y/N huffs out a laugh, tongue darting out to lick her lips and heat stirring in her belly when she catches Niall's gaze dropping down to her mouth. "You refused to open your eyes five minutes ago. We should really just sleep."

"In the morning, though..." Niall promises, leaning in the last few inches so his lips brush her, noses skimming until Niall's pressing a soft kiss to Her mouth, the kind of kiss that makes warmth bloom in Y/N's chest like sunshine, makes her so happy just to be here, with the boy she loves, letting Niall be the last thing she sees before she falls asleep. "In the morning I'm going to rock your world."

Y/N laughs, pulling back when the sound bubbles out of her, loud and uninhibited. "Goodnight, Niall."

Niall reaches between them for her hand, aiming a little too low ("That's not my hand!" She gasps) so that they're both blushing once Niall's fingers are finally clasped in hers, warm and a little sweaty and more perfect than she could ever imagine. "Goodnight, Babe."