7. He is your brother's best friend

Your parents were out of town for the weekend, which naturally meant a good thing, until you realized that your brother was going to invite his friends over for a round of FIFA. You wouldn't have minded, had your best friend not decide to go out of town this weekend, leaving you with absolutely no plans. It didn't help that your brother and his friends constantly shouted a fresh new string of curse words every two seconds or so. It came to the point where your earphones didn't do much, either.

You were getting heated when you realized they weren't going to quiet down anytime soon. If anything, you came to the conclusion that they were sleeping over. Great.

You heard a new string of curses before finally throwing off your earphones and running downstairs, only to find them all in the living room, completely immersed in the game. Cans of soda and beer were everywhere, along with a few stray chips.

"Oh hey, Y/N!" Your brother said when he finally noticed you. "Fancy joining in?" His attention was focused back on the game before the question was even out.

You were seething. "Stop screaming," you told them. Your brother heard you and hit the pause button, eliciting groans from his other four friends. "You're all so damn loud, just stop screaming. I'm trying to do my homework." You tried to give them your most threatening look before turning on your heel and walking up the stairs.

You weren't that much younger than your brother and practically all of his friends' sisters were yours, so it wasn't as if they were unfamiliar faces. You just hoped your 'scary' look was enough to make them tone down the volume.

-

It was one in the morning when you finished your schoolwork. Your brother did invite his friends to sleep over but luckily they all didn't mind sleeping in the living room, giving you the second story all to yourself.

You were about to huddle underneath your blanket when you heard a knock on the door. You tip-toed and opened the lock, face to face with Niall, your brother's best friend. His hair was swept to the side and all he wore was a tank top that didn't cover anything and a pair of loose sweats.

He gave you a small grin before entering your room. Your heart skipped a small beat before you made your way over to him. "I can't be in the same house as you and not be able to hold you," he murmured quietly, pulling you into a familiar hug. "It's impossible."

You sighed happily, taking his scent in. Nights were your favorite time of the day; it allowed you to strip yourself away from acting like the boy you had feelings for was only a platonic friend of yours. It allowed you both to show each other how you felt without anyone else to come in between.

Niall took out his phone and set his alarm clock to six, knowing your brother and his other friends wouldn't wake up until late morning. He tilted your head up slightly and gave you a sweet kiss on the lips, making you weak at the knees.

You led him to your bed and you both allowed yourself to succumb to the growing passion between you two because the nighttime belonged to you both and no one else.