A showcase with @v3Olympus, author of tears Unnumbered

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I'd been wanting to write something original for quite a while. After a successful stint with the wattpad paranormal prompts, I had come to a decision that a historical/paranormal story was my best bet. A banshee in Ireland fit that too well to be overlooked and that is how my story was born.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The struggle as such was the pacing and the realism given that the setting is a famine-struck Irish Village. Apart from that, the more effort-requiring parts where almost the entirety if the story since I am Asian and have little to no clue about Medieval Irish people and customs. Almost everything about the story except for the behavior of it's characters are a result of research.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed the actual writing. I tend to inch towards an older form of diction and sentence formation so this story was a great way to channelise that. I loved the research too, being a lover of history and culture.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your writers?

The few that read it seemed to like the feels attached to the story and reviews so far have been positive. I must admit, though, that we're speaking if a very small sample space here : )

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It is a standalone novel but I intend to add two more standalone novels to make it a series of sort, bound by a concept.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

One of the main intentions of the book and story itself was to help people understand that not all thise who seem to be of bad character are actually that way and that misunderstandings are quite possible. Also, I'd like them to know that when it comes to real relationships, looks don't really matter. Sometimes all we need is that one person you've never really seen who would still listen to your problems for the sake of it

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Regularity is key. You need not write for the same story but it's the easiest way to beat writer's block. Start the story with a clear plan and go ahead with writing the parts you feel like writing. It's ok to not write chapters in a chronological order as long as you connect them well.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes. The main character is almost completely inspired by me, though she isn't a self insert. Silence can often be misunderstood for many negative qualities and being different does not help with that. Some times there is guilt too which arises simply because of self doubt. Finally, there's the hesitance to trust and willingness to help and be empathetic. So yes, as weird as it sounds, the banshee resembles my character.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I believe and hope that the plotline itself would be a hook for new readers. It isn't often one gets to read a non-horror story with a banshee lead that is almost completely realistic and true to history. Apart from that, I believe the fitting writing style might also be of help : )

 10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, there are quite a few but none of them will be out this year. There are two more books that will be standalone novels about 'monsters'. There is also another historical fiction about a Vestal Virgin that's in the works.