A showcase with @christy447, author of time of your life

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

The Time of Your Life centers around a young woman who travels back in time with her baby in an attempt to save her future husband from dying. What first inspired this story was an image that came into my mind. I have a husband and a young baby, and I envisioned myself having gone back in time talking to my future husband in high school. He had no idea that I'd gone back in time, but I had a baby girl in my arms that suspiciously looked a lot like him. The plot grew from there!

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Having a baby tag along with the main character was something I initially struggled with. The MC, Harper, goes back to high school in 2007, and that's going to stir things up if she's bringing a baby to school each day! 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoy writing the scenes with Harper and Robert, her future husband, the most. It's been interesting writing their scenes, especially since Harper is from the future and knows they get married and have a baby. Meanwhile, Robert believes they're just friends! I'm having a great time writing their dynamics.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

My readers say they like my story and that it's an original concept. I post a new chapter every Friday, and several readers come back every week. I really appreciate that, and it's so cool to read their reactions to what's happening in the story!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

a stand alone novel

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would love for my story to provide readers an opportunity to forget about any worries or troubles and just get lost in my story. I want to evoke emotion; I would love for them to have a great reading experience!

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

For writers focusing on their own stories, I suggest staying with it if it's something you are passionate about. I have a few unfinished manuscripts from over the years that would probably be completed by now had I not stopped writing them. Take breaks and make sure you don't get burned out so that you can return to your project with a fresh mind!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Harper does share similarities with me! We are both wives and mothers. We love our families, and we're definitely both clumsy

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think my story has an unique plot and I feel readers could root for Harper along her journey!

10 do you have any future projects?

After I finish writing this story, I have another story idea that I'm excited about! The MC has a chance meeting with a famous musician. She start spending more time together, but somebody from his past isn't ready to leave him alone.

 She start spending more time together, but somebody from his past isn't ready to leave him alone