A showcase with @BadAssPeaBrain, author of Star crossed

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I  am a person who likes to accept new experiences and I'm very open to the idea of change. That is why I constantly observe things around me, to the intricacies of TV shows to the smallest behaviors of people LMAO. I was always fascinated with the way the entertainment industry works and how cutthroat it is to work there and BOOM that is how Star-Crossed was born. The story revolves around a girl who lives her life with lots of unfortunate events a teenager deals with in life a lot, a Japanese-American rising singer who just want to write songs, have fun, and escape the drama, and a bestfriend who does everything for his bestfriend, setting aside his own feelings even if it means messing up his. Life brings them together somehow and overcome their differences and solve the mystery surrounding the city they live in.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

My number one struggle when creating my story is determining what parts are really important in progressing the story and what parts I should leave out. I create the events in my story based on my experience since I think that will make the story more authentic and realistic but sometimes I think it becomes TOO much that my Teen Fiction/Mystery story will slowly become a slice of life story LMAO.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

my readers think my chapters are relatable and realistic and that's what I was going for in the beginning so I was very happy about it.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

What I enjoyed most in writing my story is the part where I could live the lives of my characters just by creating them and unleashing the imagination that I have and mixing it with realistic events that I think people could relate to somehow.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

I plan to have a second book but I'm not quite sure if a trilogy is fitting or not lol.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Communication is very important and it is just very hard to express one's feelings and so I'm trying to make that message clear in the story that I am creating.

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

I would give them the same advice my readers have been giving me. To move the story at a reasonable pace and still incorporate excitement and make it interesting because I think this is the hardest part and the most difficult part. I would also advice them to keep writing those thoughts even though not that many people recognize your work because that book is you and that book is a product of your thoughts and so that makes it special. Work on your book for you and your happiness and sooner or later people would see the efforts you have made (:

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Oh yes she does, she keeps to herself very much. She tells her friends about the simple things she does in her life but keep the most intricate emotions that she feels to herself because she thinks its not really that important. 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

The fact that I'm creating my character's physical appearances and personalities unique and different from each other is one of the reasons. Plus, I'm working on character designs to bring them to life and soon I will be posting them on my book! Or maybe I'll incorporate them in my cover too! Basically my book will become a little comics with illustrations that I will be doing myself! That's my little dream wish me luck! And I always make my chapters better and yes I am following my reader's advice .

10 do you have any future projects?

I mentioned I was working towards the second book and I also got a new series I will start to work on after the two books and it will be a trilogy with a fantasy genre.