A showcase with @Jaspira, author of Treasure

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I wrote the story Treasure because I wanted to deal with the issue of people wearing masks to hide their true feelings and to show how when we do this we miss wonderful opportunities.

The main character was in love with the hero all of her life but she couldn't get past her mask in order to receive his love and that caused problems for both of the characters in the book.

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

One of the main things that I struggled with was writing the book was a mature thing. Sexuality plays a large role in the book as it relates to their healing as a couple. But it was done with a lot of passion and compassion. They knew each other since childhood and had to figure out a way to get beyond best friends. They got stuck in a blizzard and that gave them time to move the relationship forward romantically

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

The readers love the story and said that the tension in the book kept them hooked. It has element of suspense too which leads the characters into plenty difficult and dangerous spots.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoyed developing the love grow between them. And also watching Treasure remove her masks.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Treasure is a stand alone book. Feel free to enjoy.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want the readers to learn to love themselves more and become vulnerable to the one that they trust and love. If they get that as a take away my goal would be accomplished.

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

If I had a piece of advice to give writers I would say to write at least 15 minutes a day in order to get the story completed. Do more if you can but no less than that.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I think in all writing the main character is similar to the author in some remote way. I could certainly relate to Zara learning to free herself to live and love.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

I think that any reader that wants to feel their emotions on edge and about to explode will draw them in. Readers have said they couldn't stop turning the pages.

 10 do you have any future projects?

I have some new projects in mind but none in writing stage yet.