A showcase with @Oceane_Breeze, author of Rose's Wrath

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I liked the idea of fairytale characters having magical capabilities based off of key elements of their stories (for example, Red Riding Hood being able to turn into a wolf)

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

My struggle was making every element of the story work together. I have a tendency to write short and sweet, but sometimes you have to lengthen things out and with that comes flow and consistency that I lack.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

Characters! There's nothing I love more than crafting a wonderfully flawed individual and then seeing them react to the world I put them in. Writing poetic descriptions is another fun part too!

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I'd say the number one thing they have to say is that it's a wild, action-packed ride. It's definitely not a slow-burn and the action doesn't stop once it starts.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

It's the first book in a duology, with a novella as well.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

Honestly, that even the heroes in our stories can be flawed and make mistakes. And also to just have a good time reading a book!

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Get the first draft done. It can be total crap for all I care, but finish it! Once you have that skeleton of the story, you can then work on editing and revising. Trust me, if you don't have an ending written yet, don't try and think about covers, editing, possible publishing, and more.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Rose's Wrath actually has four main characters and I like to think they're all similar to me in some way. But Cerise and Verre are most like me, I think.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

The fact that it's lead by diverse, flawed women (most of my readers are female) and has a lot of fairytale references!

10 do you have any future projects?

I'm currently working on another story (think pirates, sirens, and disgruntled gods) and also book two in the Rose's War duology.