A showcase with @Passmetheadobo, author of bad prince charming

1 what inspired the idea of your story

Bad Prince Charming was inspired off of the classic tale we all know and question: Cinderella! I don't know about you guys but I was always frustrated with Cinderella's incessant inaction whenever the stepfamily would basically turn her life into a living hell. Not only that, while I loved Cinderella as a child, I felt often like I compared myself to her and would beat myself over not being a beautiful slim-waisted, blonde woman. So Bad Prince Charming is essentially my dark take on the story (with some Latina mix and a classic Grim's fairy tale tributes here and there). Also Fairy Godmother would be hella dope if she weren't some old lady in a hood. (No disrespect to the OG tho ✨)

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

Definitely keeping up update schedules. I'm multitasking a lot in addition to creating a comic version of the story

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

To my surprise, the response has been more positive than negative, and I'm super shocked that some of my awesome readers even have a favorite character. (The majority seems to like my version of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother :,D !!)

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoy(ed) writing the funny scenes, like when Amora (AKA Cinderella) bitch slaps her Prince Charming in the face with her shoe. ✨ I also enjoyed seeing people's reactions to the dark twists of the story. *cues evil laughter*

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series

As of now, it's definitely a stand alone but I do plan to write at least one more Twisted Fairytale in the future!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want them to realize how important they are despite what anyone says or how anyone makes you feel. Whether it be in a positive or negative way, don't rely on the thoughts and opinions of others and trust in your self love.....and don't smack people with your chancla unless it's completely necessary

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Don't feel pressured or obligated to anyone. If you're in a slump or you're stuck in writers block, don't force yourself to pump out new chapters every Friday just because that's the set date. You wrote the story because you had a fantastic idea and you were inspired to share it with the internet. That spark of flame is what keeps your story unique and alive so when it's low or burnt out, readers will start to notice, your plot will suffer and you won't enjoy writing it anymore. It's okay to take breaks to get them creative juices flowin' again. ^^

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Amora Ella Hastings is Hispanic like me. I thought it would be nice to make her a different ethnicity and I don't think I've ever seen or read a story about a Hispanic Cinderella. Amora's main weakness is her indecisiveness and I'm indecisive af so ayyy ✨like mother like daughter, amirite? Ha, haaaa.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

Suspense. Humor. And...suPrIse bITchEs. (AKA shock factor. Or-yeah, suspense.) Because let's face it, stories on Wattpad be hella dry. I need me some good Kool-Aid. That juicy fried chicken. With some adobo on it... :,D okay so I might be a little hungry right now

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes! I am also an artist and I have three webcomics I plan to upload tomorrow, as a matter of fact, on Webtoon! The first one is a comic version of "Bad Prince Charming," the second is a comic version of my ONC story "The Bride of Frankenstein," and the last is a comic for an idea I literally came up with about a week ago: "Skelenaut." I'm super excited and I can't wait to share it with you guys!