A showcase with @karinav31, author of A New Dawn

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I Like to take inspiration from stuff that has occurred in my life, such as someone I have met that made a huge impact on my life thus far, or different scenarios I had during school. I'm also a fanatic when it comes to Mystery involving romance so I thought why not give that a go by adding implements of what is happened in real life for it (mainly with romance, not a lot of mystery in my life haha).

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Being able to show instead of telling. I think a huge amount of writers struggle with that, but its a learning curve and I'm glad to be getting better at it.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Amazing! It's such an awesome feeling to have people message you asking for the next update or to simply say "your book is one of my favourites so far"

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I enjoyed writing how the characters evolve and the friendships that form throughout it even if there's crazy drama going on at the same time!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

It is a stand-alone novel, I thought about it being a series but I felt it would be bittersweet to leave it as a stand-alone.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

That it is important to let yourself grieve and share your emotions with people that you trust and love you, because at the end of the day if it's friends or family, they will always be there for you. "It's okay not to be okay".

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

To keep writing! If writing is something you're passionate about DON'T STOP! Even if your story you love so much isn't getting the attention you want right now don't let that deter you. Writing should be something you enjoy for yourself and something you completely get yourself Immersed into, be your own fan, keep practicing and improving, one day that will all pay off. 

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Not a lot haha, my main character is quite feisty and isn't afraid to stand up for herself whereas I'm the opposite. I guess one similarity is we can both be quite awkward when it comes to guy crushes and our love for food of course.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

The  plot and cliffhangers I use. It has a bit of everything, Mystery, Romance, humour! I like to keep my readers on their toes with releasing some new information with each chapter about what is going on but leaving out enough to make them question WHAT IS HAPPENING!

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes! I have another Mystery romance novel coming out after I finish this one the main character will be more suited to my personality but that doesn't mean I still don't love my Dawn (a character from my first story) and I hope to write a fantasy romance one in the future too!