A showcase with @Xanatos271, author of Demons of farewell

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Honestly there were many different inspirations. Some were the books I was reading at the time, on wattpad and other paperback books. They influenced the development of the first version of this novel, and this would be the fourth plot and character version. 

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I struggled with how my two main characters were going to end up developing their connection... since they are both very powerful yet very damaged characters, and at first I wanted them to be completely alone, but that had changed by the time I got through the first couple chapters of writing. 

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoyed developing the characters' backstories the most... to see how their backstories influenced how they would react during battle and the stress put on them all while they are trying to do the right thing.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers

So far, I haven't gotten very many negative reviews, but also it doesn't seem that many people have left comments... which saddens me a little. I like comments to see what I can do better.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

 It is a piece of a four part series (or two part if not enough people like it for me to finish it). 

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 Readers can take away from my story (finished or unfinished) the main lesson that your past will always be there, but you don't have to let it control you. It shapes who you are but doesn't shape the actions of your future. 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

My advice would be to form the characters before you form the plot. An interesting plot doesn't mean very much without characters that readers can either connect to or sympathize for. Most of my characters in Demons, while they have traumatic pasts and a mostly unrealistic rebellion type situation, they all deal with love, loss, betrayal, family struggles, and friendship, which are things that many many people can relate to.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Both of my main characters have similarities to myself. I originally started off the story gravitating to my main character, Xan, but as I continued writing, I realize that I started writing Zy like myself more than Xan. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers

I believe that the main elements of my story can draw in new readers. Demons has multiple plot lines going at once, which can enthrall many people. And it is enough action/adventure for people who like that genre, while there are multiple complicated romances happening as well. 

10 Do you have any future projects

Yes I do. I will finish this novel and series and then hopefully finish Endless Race and Foresight, my other two novels that have the most progress right now.