a showcase with @delicatesoftie, author of Paper rings

what inspired the idea of your story? 

it was actually inspired by something that happened in real life ! not all of it is true, and the end is really a very big stretch, but that's how i got the inspiration for the story :)

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

definitely the ending and the middle fillers and stuff. including a lot of detail has been something i recently discovered i had to do more of, and that meant that some of my chapters would be quite boring and i had to find ways to spice it up without ruining the story.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers

well i'm def not trying to be like rude or braggy, but people do seem to like it a lot ! apparently i have a fandom, and i actually have a wiki made by one of my readers. . . i feel really lucky that people enjoy it !!

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story

I enjoyed writing about my characters !! i loved developing their personalities, likes, dislikes, and more. trying to make them relatable and realistic was a big thing.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

It can be read as a stand-alone, but i have a sequel and an upcoming book three that are in different perspectives!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

the fact that maybe crazy things happen in stories, but maybe they could happen in real life too ! just keep hoping for it ! and also the fact that you need to talk to people to make up, that's how you solve things. oh, and don't judge people by their cover :)

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

just keep pushing at it ! if you don't love your story, love what you're writing, enjoy writing it, you'll never finish it because you don't like it. you have to know you'll love it throughout the writing process, and you may start to love it even more ! so take the time to come up with a plot not only your fans might like but something you will like !

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself

Yes  definitely ! my main character is actually based off of me, and that makes her more relatable i think :)

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

oh, if you're aiming for a hit story on wattpad, definitely some sort of romance mixed with something else or just plain romance. most of us are teens on this site, and that means romance plays a big part in what we want to read. and for advertising, well i was lucky to have the amazing friends and supporters i have who checked out my book and loved it ! so i really don't have any advice for making your book be noticed ://

 10 do you have any future projects?

yes ! some will be kept secret, of course, but i'm currently writing the sequel to paper rings ( the one in a dif perspective ) and a new novel ( in the same universe ) :))