A showcase with @joymoment, author of A Secret Service

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Reading Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. I wanted something a little more reality based.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

All of the mapping. Even though I really like working from a complete outline, mapping one out is not always my favorite.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The father daughter relationship between Steve and Carter

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

They completely love it. I don't even know how many times I've seen readers coming back not only for a second but a third, fourth, fifth time to read it again. 

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Currently it's a stand alone but that might change in the future

 6 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

There's a couple things I would say. 

1. Know where your going with it. 

2. Don't edit while you're writing. 

3. As much as you can don't over read it. 

4. Write because it makes you happy, not because you want a lot of followers.

7 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Haha not really. I do have a bit of that confidence-in-the-midst-of-someone else's-arrogance at times. But Carter is definitely her own person.

what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It's not the typical teen fiction story because it has a mix of action in it

9 do you have any future projects?

Haha always and forever! Right now my focus is on a couple sequels to books but I can't say which. ;)