A showcase with @BookWorm0006, author of Before I go

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My fear of loving someone while struggling with inner demons is what inspired this book. This story is about the main character who pushed away her first love by cheating on him because of her fear of love due to her depression and her fear that he deserves better. I wanted to write a book that expressed this fear and that would also help people who struggle with mental health because the main character struggles with depression.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story?

I haven't struggled much with this story. It's been a story that's been enjoyable to write and I've written 14 chapters already, even though I just published it a few days ago. The theme of the book is a bit dark though, so maybe as the book progresses, I'll find that hard to write

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

So far people have been loving it. I've gotten many comments about people looking forward to it (it currently only has 2 chapters), which makes me super happy because so far it's one of my favourite stories to write.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I really like being able to switch between the past and present. Some chapters are written in the past, others are written in the present, which is a cool, new writing style I'm trying out. The story has been fun to write because of this.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

a stand alone

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want readers to take away that suicide isn't the answer and that there's help for those who suffer from depression. I also hope they learn that they shouldn't push their loved ones away in hard times.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

A piece of advice I'd give to another writer is to never give up. Practice makes perfect, so you must keep writing if you want to get to where you want to be.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yeah, my main character shares some similarities with me. One of them is her fear of love and her fear of hurting others due to her own inner demons.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

The whole idea of cheating and forgiving that might draw in new readers. My main character cheated on her ex boyfriend, who she wants forgiveness from, and we all think cheating is unforgivable. But what if they were best friends for 10+ years. What if the reason the main character did it was not to be cruel, but because of her own inner demons. Does the line get blurred there?

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes, I have many future projects. My next story most likely will be a thriller/horror, which I'm very excited for!