a showcase with @Zara_Wilkinson, author of Eternal Fire

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I have always been a fan of dragons, giant creatures who to them, people are just ants, able to destroy the whole world if they put their minds to it. Yet, I felt like most stories on Wattpad that includes dragons treat them as just another animal, always from the human's (or magic alternative) point of view. The idea came to me on an hour long car journey home.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I struggled with trying to keep to the plot that I had in my mind- which has gone flying through the air completely in the wrong direction of where I want it to go- so I've embraced that the story makes it's own plot and just nudge it towards the direction I want it to go as the characters' reactions change the shape of the story.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoy writing the scenes with the deities in them- especially the ones with Air- they just make me think about what would insult various gods and goddesses that have lived for millennia. I also like writing extravagant scenes in my mind, because I can in any direction with it, a trait that I have passed on to a character at the end of Part 2 onwards.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

So, my readers are nearly non-existent. The few that do read it, seem to enjoy it and I've had positive feedback from them, along with some minor adjustments which I look at and change if I feel as though the adjustment is suitable. I take my readers comments on board.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

This novel is part of a series, but can be read as a stand alone. I did originally plan it out as a stand alone, but the plot has gone further than I originally planned it.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would like anyone who reads my book to take on that even if you do have power to destroy and ruin, maybe it is best to hold back, even there is a possibility of falling a long way from the path you were on.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

My advice would be to have a vague outline of your story before you even start to do anything (write, note down etc.), and to not be afraid to stray from the path that your original plot had set out. Enjoy it, weave emotions into the scene to make it feel more real to your readers.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

My main character and I are both sentimental- Ember is sentimental to a family she only knew for a year whilst I am sentimental about nearly everything, except from the pen that catapults itself across the room whilst I am writing. I also feel that we both have pressure to do well when we're growing up, for me, to do well in exams, for Ember, to be the best that she could possibly be.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think that writing a dragon as the main character could draw people in, as well as it isn't going to end at a giant battle, but also show the consequences of the battle, both on the main character and those affected.

 10 do you have any future projects?

I've got loads of future projects, I can't keep them out of my head, the weirder ones definitely go in the bin with the rubbish, whilst some I keep and wait if they can remain in my mind to be noted down months after first thinking about them. Some examples are dragons (lots more dragons), shifters, magic, rise of an heir, but told from the opposing side. I've got a notebook of ideas. Oh, there's one zombie tale currently being written whenever I think about the notebook by my bed.

to read: 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/173128931-eternal-fire-was-the-guardian

com/story/173128931-eternal-fire-was-the-guardian