A showcase with @emmaeverafter, author of Graceful

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I read a few books about cults and loved the whole idea! I'd recommend Seed by Lisa Heatherfield and After the Fire byWill Hill :)

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I've always struggled to portray Grace's inner thoughts - she's lived in a cult all her life and believes what she's always been told, but she has her doubts and suspicions which she tries to ignore!

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I love writing the romance scenes! Sal is betrothed to Grace and he's so cute. There's going to be a bit of love rivalry later on, however!

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

My readers are so supportive and lovely! I'd like to especially thank @xXnerdygirl147Xx @simplyalimelight @tripping_on_skies and @MentallyHaziWords for supporting me and commenting each week, because it means so much! They love Grace and they're thoroughly creeped out by The Father XD

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

It's a stand-alone novel! It'll have a very definitive ending with a lot of drama in a short space of chapters.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I just want them to be entertained! There are few morals because obviously it's a very extreme, uncommon situation, but if possible I'd like them to feel like you've got to stand up for what you believe in :)

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I'd tell any fellow writer to just write what you enjoy! Don't just write what you think people will enjoy reading - your own work will be so much better if you write from the heart.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Grace is very different to me! She's very headstrong and is so immersed in religion... she's also a lot more loyal than me!

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think the concept is unique and interesting... at least, I hope it is! It's not your usual teen fiction novel and it's full of suspense and creepy characters :)

 10 do you have any future projects?

I've had a fantasy novel on my mind for a good six months now, but I'm also working on a historical novella for a school project (which I understandably can't post on here). At the minute I'm just focused on finishing Graceful!

 At the minute I'm just focused on finishing Graceful!