A showcase with @xXnerdygirl147Xx, author of Eternal is Light

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I've always loved fantasy stories because I love that ability to escape into a world so different from this, yet similar with many of the issues people face, like finding yourself and being strong when all you want to do is give up, and I wanted to try and create that sort of feeling for others.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I've always struggled constructing the characters. Although I can make them as people to help the plot, I've always thought it difficult because I want to make them relatable and real, which is often hard because people are so much more complex and deeper than they may seem on the surface, and I feel like it's important but difficult to create that sort of intriguing and real complexity to a character - what they love, what they fear, what angers them etc.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

 I've enjoyed writing the magic or tragedy based chapters, because I think they can offer more into what my characters are feeling and what they are really like, as well as enabling me to create twists in the story that I can manipulate and use to intrigue a reader later on.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

All of my readers have been so so supportive. They praise my writing with every chapter, even when I have no faith in it myself, and it means so so much to me to know that they're there for me - especially @emmaeverafter @Toritseju @MiaMCaroline @tripping_on_skies but every single person who's read and voted for me as well!

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

I would like it to make it into a series. I'm not completely sure yet, but the current ending I have in mind is ambiguous so will allow me to continue with another book - it just depends if the story takes me there!

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Well, mostly I would just like my readers to enjoy the story - there'll be plenty of (hopefully) funny parts and magic and whatnot, but I'd also really like them to connect with the story. It's been my dream for years to give others that feeling I get when really emersed in a book - like I belong someone outside this world, with so many interesting people - and I'd like them to be able to go on that journey with my characters. One of my main themes is finding yourself and I would hope that in my characters and the story they experience, my readers will be able to find a piece of themselves within somewhere

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

I think the most important thing is that you love what you're writing. I know that the way you write may eventually bore you and you may think you aren't very good, but as long as you're writing what's it's your heart, that's all that matters.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I feel like on the surface, she doesn't. I'm only a few chapters in, so it might not be clear to readers yet, but how I imagine her inside, we are quite similar. I think we share quite a lot of the same insecurities of self worth and trust, but only the larger, more obvious things I would say she doesn't.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

Well my plot is - I hope - intriguing and different. It's so hard to create a completely unique story, but I've tried to and once they start reading, there are turns and pieces unexplained which I hope they'll want to read on to find out.

10 do you have any future projects?

I am planning a dystopia currently and have a few old, very unfinished stories that I might at some point return to.