A showcase with @KatGee, author of Ryan

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I  got the idea of Ryan one night while listening to the song Broken by Seether ft. Amy Lee. I have read thousands of books and at this point I'd start a book and could immediately get the gist of how it was going to go so I quickly lost interest and struggled to find something I hadn't read before that really took me by surprise. As I was listening to that song and thinking about this the plot for Ryan popped up in my head. I thought, why don't I write a book that's hard to predict. 

 2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

My main struggle was trying not to do too many time jumps because I get impatient and I hate writing filler chapters especially when something good is about to happen. I still struggle with this and have to remind myself to be patient

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

The overall response has been pretty positive, there are always gonna be those few who get mad because the story isn't super cliché and doesn't go the way they want but that's okay.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I like how dark it gets because life isn't always sunshine and rainbows and my book definitely shows that in a big way.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

Ryan is book 1 of The Broken Series. Book 2 is Brynn and Book 3 is Nixon.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Not to be so judgmental. People struggle through life differently and just because you think you know them, you most likely have no idea what's really going on in their head.

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

Always outline your story before you start writing. It helps keep your train of thought on train and your plot going in the right direction. I say this every time I get this question. I promise it helps so much.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

A few but not very many. There is a character in the series that's very similar to me, you meet her in book 2.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

This story is much different from others you've read, I promise. It may start out like your average story but it quickly changes. There are so many plot twists it will blow your mind and that's why I get so much positive feedback, I think.

 10 do you have any future projects?

I have so many future projects planned it's insane. My mind is constantly coming up with new stories, I can barely keep up.