A showcase with @TheLittleLees, author of A beta life

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I have always been fascinated with the paranormal genre and stumbled across STAWP by Mia Meade and loved it! And then read more and more similar themes books until I thought, I can do this. And so I did. And it was really well received.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I really enjoy reading well thought out, fully developed characters. And I struggled early on to really be happy with my mc coming to life like I wanted her to.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?4 what's the overall response of your story from your writers? 

I love the dialogue scenes. Though I'm Aussie, I always write in American- English and terminology as it's more widely known, so in my head, the characters all have American accents. It's completely bizaar!

4 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

At this point stand alone but maybe more later? Who knows. Maybe a spin off?

5 What has been the overall response from your readers regrading your story?

It has blown me away. Honestly. I was so happy to have 100 reads and then when it hit 100k..... I was shocked. I love the comments. I love when people are actively involved in the story and the developments. It is awe inspiring that people actually like your work.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

I would like to think it has its own unique qualities and maybe stands out from the typical cliche werewolf books. I hope so anyway! 

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Try to keep your own voice. It's easy to be swayed by books and pieces that you love, but try to keep your own style prominent. That's what makes it stand out from the crowd. 

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

She is sassy and quick witted. I think she has more of both of these qualities than I do! But I would love to have her ability to sling a one liner as she does so often!

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It doesn't go in any of the directions people assume it does. And I love the response I get when readers get to the cliffhangers! Gets them every time. I think catching the new readers attention straight away is so important. Get them in, fast!

 10 do you have any future projects?

I am completing A beta life now and also writing a contemporary romance/chick lit piece called "How to choose the one"

But, also I'm currently in training to be a Wattpad Content Ambassador and that is taking up a lot of my writing time! I'm so grateful to be a part of the wider Wattpad team! Seeing another side of how much time and effort goes into Wattpad behind the scenes, from a large and diverse team, it's amazing. And inspiring. Wattpad has opened many doors for me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. It's a whole new experience, lots to learn and take on board, but it's also such a gift being a small part of this giant network. I'm so lucky to be a part of it