A showcase with @brighteyez1610, author of Fated Connection

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

This story was inspired by my love of the supernatural world and my fascination with what it would be like to live in such a place. Many of the aspects in this story were drawn from ideas I fell in love with in my favorite books or television shows or movies mixed with my own twist. Also, I discovered a Greek myth that told of how vampires were created and it also mentioned the moon goddess Selene and how she came to be.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

The part I struggled with the most while working on my story was actually the back story and the history that made this world what it is. I felt like I needed to know details and not just vague ideas to form an accurate path for my characters. If I don't know what's going on, they won't either and my readers will just as lost as the rest of us.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

What I enjoyed most about writing Fated Connection has to be the fun, light hearted banter between the characters as well as the all-hearts-are-out moments. These are the moments that make the story feel realistic and relatable with everyday life to me.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Overall, I believe that my readers are happy with the story. I feel like they've enjoyed where it has taken them. I haven't received any negative comments so my thought is that's definitely a good sign, right? :)

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Fated Connection is the first in a series. I haven't fully formed the outlines for the next book or completely determined how many books will be in this series as of now. But when this story first formed inside my head, it was the beginning of a world that deserved more than just one book.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want my readers to be able to be inside the story, as if they were actually there. An escape or a spot to relax and enjoy someone else's problems (like reality tv). I wish for my readers to enjoy themselves, and if I can make at least one person in the world smile, or any positive reaction, then I'm happy.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Advice I would give is:"... don't stop if you don't like your beginnings. You can always rewrite. Keep going. Finish something. That's the true test of a writer." - Charlaine Harris (to me via facebook) I've held onto that as I continue my journey and it's really helped.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

There are a few similarities between my main character and myself, like her being so short or having green eyes. Otherwise, Nevada is her own person.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think the fact that this story is drawn from both greek and Celtic myths is something that would draw in more readers. Many think of vampires as descendants of lilith or cain, and some even branching from actual demons, while mine are based from Greek mythology. Also, I don't know about most people but when I think of a faery, I think Tinkerbell automatically, small and with fluttery wings. The fae in my story are humanoid and don't have wings. I created them based on an Irish myth that I turned into something of my own as well.

 10 do you have any future projects?

I have several future projects, some even currently ongoing at the same time as Fated Connection. I have entered the Open Novella Contest III this year ("The Promises We Keep" can be found on my profile.) I am also editing/revising a story I had previously completed in preparation to enter it into the Watty Awards 2020 at the end of the year. I have a few other things in mind also, besides the small side contests of oneshots/short stories I do from time to time to keep my imagination going.