A showcase with @StarfishBooks, author of Althea

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Honestly, I worked a retail job in highschool and would get bored and just start daydreaming, and voila characters and mythology were born.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggle to be lengthy with my writing, I am far too concise. This habit was trained into me in nursing school and I find it very difficult to expand upon things.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I think most like it! The romance aspect isn't instant and they find the fresh take on common mythological creatures refreshing.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I am a sap at heart, so I enjoyed the romance immensely, but also the magic and Brynhilde, as she reminds me of myself.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

At the moment it's a standalone, but hopefully when the inspiration strikes me I can throw myself into the sequel I've always wanted to do! I do have an accompaniment book as well.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

In our world, people feel the need to find something to be good at, to be the best at so they feel worthy of love and attention. I want them to know they don't need to BE something, just someone to somebody.

7 does your main character share any similarities to yourself

My main character shares a few qualities, but what author can help themselves? One of my second characters, Brynhilde, is certainly more like me then Althea is.

8 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Honestly, updates. And a sequel! It's been so hard between college and now this pandemic to try and find the energy and inspiration to write and read.

9 do you have any future projects?

I have a few I'm dying to write that aren't in the fiction genre. One day, hopefully soon.

 One day, hopefully soon