A showcase with @goddessofwisdom-, author of Sobbing In The Orchards

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I honestly don't know! I just remember being in 6th grade (6 years ago), lying in bed, and randomly thinking of it - though it was pretty different back then!

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggle trying to make it unique. It's so easy just to rely on the typical tropes and aesthetics you see everywhere, but I want to push further than that.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

Either the imagery/descriptions, or the characters, because I've been writing about them for over half a decade now!! I also love doing world-building, especially coming up with mythology.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

I have a certain small group of really supportive readers that comment on some of my works and interact with the stories and give me feedback. I appreciate that so much!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

Part of a series - I plan to make two more books, plus I'd love to do a compilation just consisting of the different fairytales and legends told within the world of the story.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Well there is a moral to my story, but since it's not done yet I'd rather not explicitly say. However, messages aside, I also just want my readers to enjoy the book and have fun while reading.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Just write what you want to write!! Don't worry about what's most popular at the moment or what writing advice you've been given. A lot of trends in both plots and prose aren't necessarily timeless things, and you shouldn't follow them perfectly.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

 100% - I have 2 main characters, and they both struggle with emotional issues that I've also had at various times in my life.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

I don't know what exactly readers are looking for at the moment, so I don't know, but if you like the 1700s England and France aesthetics, Norse legends, Romanian vampire stories, Korean mythology, or Brazilian folklore, you'll (hopefully) like my story!

10 do you have any future projects?

Yep, I've got A LOT of other stories I want to write - 8 in total, plus a few other projects... ;)

 ;)