A showcase with @incrediblestories2, author of Frozen Flames

1 What  inspired the idea of your story? 

I think that the entire idea of fire has always held a great appeal to me. I personally have always had this inexplicable desire to touch the flames (I know, I know, I am crazy, but it is true). I have also always loved to read dystopian novels, so when the Covid-19 came around, I decided to include all of those aspects into my own novel.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

my story  finished, but each of my chapter, as per a set goal, must be between two thousand and two thousand five hundred words.

However, when you are writing, it is difficult to control how many words flow out of you, so my word count in my chapters ends up drastically different, and because I can't stand that, I spend time adding or taking away words from the chapter to make it even.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Very good, surprisingly. I haven't received any hate on this book, I have on my other book, but not on this one. I see that readers tend to enjoy Frozen Flames because of their comments and votes and interactions with me.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I enjoy creating the romance between Axel Finnegan and Beatrix Dixie the most. I love throwing in their witty banter and their secrets and distrust of one another. I have always enjoyed writing romance.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

my story is actually a piece of a series. By plan, it is set to be a trilogy, with potentially another book, written from Axel's perspective

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story

I think think what I would most like readers to take away from this particular novel is that no one is fully good, or entirely bad. Different people have different reasons for doing things, and it isn't until you are facing them with a barrel of a gun pressed to your temple can you see that it is all part of a bigger plan.Sorry, that was a reference to the book.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

oh my. Well, I am not the best at focusing on one story, but I will give you this piece of advice on writing in general. I have heard this piece of advice from one of my favorite author's, and now I will tell you it. 

If you aren't sure what to write, write the wrong thing.

By writing the 'wrong thing', you are allowing yourself space in your mind for new ideas, better ideas, to enter.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I think all of my characters in all of my novels hold little pieces of me, but Beatrix especially. She doesn't look the least bit like me, but her personality is similar to mine. Avoid all conversation with other people by deflecting with sarcasm. That's pretty much my, and Beatrix's, life moto.

 9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

I think a gorgeous cover is the most important thing when it comes to new readers, or just readers in general. You can't go wrong with a beautiful cover and a unique/interesting title

10 do you have any future projects?

So  many. Currently I am planning for the next two books in the Frozen Flames series, as well as planning my next story, which I will start writing as soon as my book Make a Wish is done. 

The only thing I will reveal, since nothing is official, is that there is a good chance the book will be entirely written from the perspective of a guy

Other than that, I have a lot of ideas constantly brewing in my head, and I always make sure to write them down in my notebook, specifically used for writing stories and ideas.