A showcase with @KevinaOyatedor, author of Road Trip Girls

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

 My friends and I planned to do a road trip in high school after we graduated. We never got the chance when we went our separate ways. I'm a fan of girl empowerment, I've seen a few stories on Wattpad about road trips, most were romantic. I wanted to make it more on friendship and having fun. Also, I love road trips!!

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

One of the things that I had trouble with was the youthful voice. I didn't experience what the girls did, so I didn't want the story to sound far fetched or unrealistic. I got stuck in the middle the first time drafting it. I couldn't connect with a few scenes. There were so many times I wanted to delete the story until I got the hang of it.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

The dialogue. Especially Melanie's. Her quirky and quick-witted lines were easy.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 So far, it's been positive. Readers love it from beginning, middle and end. They love Molly and Melanie's friendship when it comes to Molly dealing with heartbreak. Most have loved Molly's way of handling her breakup with Cole.

 5 is your story a stand-alone novel or a piece of a series?

 A standalone, however, I am working on a one-shot chapter of them traveling over the summer.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

 The lighthearted and fun friendship while the two girls are driving.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers when it comes to focusing on their own story

Don't stay off track when it comes to writing scenes, stay offline for at least an hour.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

 Melanie had my smart-aleck dialogue, Molly is a bit like me when it comes to relationships. 

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

 I believe what the readers will be drawn of the friendship between the two girls and how they can understand each other.

10 do you have any future projects? 

Yes, I do, some I am working offline and some are on Wattpad that are works in progress.