a showcase with @ScarletMoon0143, author of Her Mechanical Heart

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I can't really answer this question easily, and I feel like other writers will understand, but I get inspiration from nearly anything!! And I mean anything! Sometimes it's a song, a movie, or even another book! So I can't pin point the specific place or thing that gave me inspiration for this story, but I have used a bit of inspiration from the Infernal Devices series! So if you like that, you'll love mine!

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

I really struggled with the time period! I can understand the time frame fairly well, but the language--the way they speak for the 1800s-- and the history for that time, I struggle with it a bit. I've never been a huge history fan, and so I have to put a little extra research in to complete a chapter.

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

Overall, it's a fairly new book, but I'm proud to say I've gotten a mainly positive response! Most people love the action and romance I've already got packed in, and I've only just started!

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I really enjoy developing the characters. Showing their emotions and backstory with some flair. That by far is one of my favorite things!

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

At the moment, I plan for it to be a stand alone novel, but there is a big possibility that it will move into a larger series!

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would love for them to experience the love that I put into my books and to enjoy a completely immersive reality! I want them to be able to red my book whenever they need a break from reality! And honestly I feel the same about all of my books!

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

The best thing to do is to just keep going! Sometimes, you could get writers block, or life will do it's best to get in the way, but the best thing you can do is to persevere! Don't quit and just keep trucking! Another thing I would recommend is to keep in contact with your readers!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

I have two main characters, but there are a few things that they share with me! The female is very much like me, and the boy had a few things. But I feel like every creation that a writer brings to life has a little piece of them, or at least who they want to be!

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

A fresh story! People love clean, new ideas that give them an escape!

10 do you have any future projects?

I have so many!! Goodness, I have three other published books and 12 in my drafts! I'm an author that I believe will never run out of ideas!