A showcase with @ChloeLeia561, author of Shadowbrook: Once Hungry, Twice Bitten

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

Growing up, I was always a fan of paranormal and supernatural creatures. The myth of vampires intrigued me, and I used to love reading about them. The Vampire Diaries played a big part with the inspiration behind my book and the town, Mystic Falls.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

 the plot  has always been a struggle. I have a brief idea in my head about the timeline of my plot, but trying to stick with it is proving difficult.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I love writing the action scenes because it brings out the fire between the plot and the characters. I also feel like it adds drama to my chapters, which is what my readers love the most.

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your writers? 

The response I get is mostly positive feedback, and I like that my readers ask questions while they read. My chapters are supposed to bring out feelings of confusion, mystery and even some laughs. I also like to hear constructive feedback from my readers as this helps me to become a better writer.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

Shadowbrook is the beginning of a series.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Well, I have a few things. Erika, my main character, is diagnosed with cancer, but I wanted to show the readers that having cancer or any illness doesn't stop you from carrying on with your life. Erika still lives life to the fullest and doesn't let it defeat her. It doesn't change her in any way but just makes her human. I also wanted to show that even when many bad things happen, some good things come out of it.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

I would say it's a really good idea to keep a writing journal to keep your notes, private thoughts and characters views because this keeps all your ideas structured. Having structured chapters relating to the plot helps with the story as it grows.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

In the beginning chapters, Erika is a little reserved but is a great thinker. I tried to show that through her actions, but her inner thoughts paint a different picture. That's our similarity as we share the same thoughts and thinking processes.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

I use a different concept where Erika is in two different worlds but is actively living as one person. While she sleeps, her mind is active and transports her to another world, a little like an out body experience. It gets the readers questioning if the dreams are real because they are very vivid or is it the cancer playing games. How can one person be in two places at once?

10 do you have any future projects?

I'm planning the sequel.