A showcase with @Sevannah_Storm, author of Inkoded

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I had a niggling thriller idea fermenting in the back of my mind. So with Prompt 32 in the Open Novella Contest, I started this novel. I had no intention of entering but @NodaOrtiz insisted and my daughter helped me choose the prompt that best suited my idea.

 2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

A detailed purpose for Nate. He plays a critical role in the plot, but yet, his day to day life feels mundane compared to what Gibs is going through.

 3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

It's my first foray into thriller/mystery, so defining the crime scenes, the subtle clues and the killer's hidden intentions was more fun than I expected.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Better than I had hoped. Especially since it's an Ambassador pick for the ONC 2020's Round 1.

 5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Standalone. I might spin off with other cases Gibs can solve but I haven't thought about it.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

an escape from the real world. A sense of excitement and an enjoyment of the journey.

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

Set daily word count and meet it. Badly written words can be edited.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Gibs' cynicism and love for good coffee.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

The worldbuilding (Bladerunner-ish) and the unique premise.

10 do you have any future projects?

Always. I have two sci-fi romances in progress, I also need to finish Lost in London, The Last Amazon and Shadow Forged. On the back burner is a fantasy MG and an adult fantasy based in Africa.

 On the back burner is a fantasy MG and an adult fantasy based in Africa