A showcase with @-snowqueen, author of Flirting with hell

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

I decided to join the Open Novella Contest 2020, and two of the prompts listed were ones I had saved from Pinterest... "You sold your soul to the Devil years ago. Today, he returns it to you and says 'I need a favor.'" & "You scream to the heavens you'll never fall in love again. Aphrodite heard you and took it as a challenge." I just didn't think of putting them together in the same book until then. 

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ?

 Telling enough of the story to make it interesting while staying around 20k. I'm so used to writing novels, not novellas.

 3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers? 

People have been enjoying it so far. A few have told me that they like the mix of the prompts, it's something they either haven't seen before or they never would've thought of combining. 

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

 I'd have to say Betty and Lucifer's history/interest in each other. It was fun exploring Lucifer as a character, making him a bit more human in terms of loving someone & being loved in return. 

5 Is your story a stand alone or a piece of a series?

Right now, it's a standalone. I don't have any plans to make it into a series any time soon.

 6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

Just simple enjoyment. I want readers to think of likable stories and say, yeah this was a good read.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

 Don't force yourself to write the story if you're not feeling it. It's okay to work on something else, even if it's just a quick scene that will never see the light of day. There's also nothing wrong with taking a break from writing altogether, give it a few days and come back with fresh eyes when you're ready.

 8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself

I tried really hard to make Betty different from me, other than having brown hair but I think there are a couple little similarities between us. Like the type of dog Betty likes, is what my dog is in real life (a Labradoodle with apricot/tan fur). 

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

 Probably the prompts, since they're listed in the summary. It's definitely an unusual pairing... I just hope I did it justice.

10 do you have any future projects? 

I do! I'm actually getting ready to start my summer project that I'm waiting to announce, but I do have a series that I'm working on outside of Wattpad at the moment. Hopefully that project will be posted on here sometime this year :)